This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tmeyers View Post
    Thats what I keep telling her, at that age it nearly impossible to find anything under 100k, or even under 150k that isnt beat to hell. So like you said, its not a matter of if it breaks down, but when
    Coming from someone that has torn down an ix almost completely, they require a lot of commitment on upkeep. I bought one with a leaking trans and blown transfercase. I decided to do a manual swap, in which labor took three days and parts-sourcing took 4 months. Manual driveline parts are not easy or cheap to find in working condition, so I would recommend buying an automatic if it's just for a daily. Cheaper and more abundant driveline components. Just my opinion from my experience.

Sold last year in very clean condition for 3500 locally.
    1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
    1974 2002tii / stock
    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

how much do u guys thing new e36 controll arm bushings are gunna cost?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
        seems like it's gone to hell ever since mike left. try thebmwpartstore@gmail.com.
        Thanks, I will try that. I am about to cancel my order and just go through BMA. Sucks because I have ordered through them before and their prices are great and had great customer service. Too bad.
        sigpic
        TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
        FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
          Coming from someone that has torn down an ix almost completely, they require a lot of commitment on upkeep. I bought one with a leaking trans and blown transfercase. I decided to do a manual swap, in which labor took three days and parts-sourcing took 4 months. Manual driveline parts are not easy or cheap to find in working condition, so I would recommend buying an automatic if it's just for a daily. Cheaper and more abundant driveline components. Just my opinion from my experience.

Sold last year in very clean condition for 3500 locally.
          Really??why is manual so hard to come by, were there less imported than autos? And you're saying even rear wheel drive manual parts are hard to come by right?

Comment

SoCal General Chat

Manual is more sought after, but to answer your question he is saying the manual swap awd parts r hard to come by

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
            Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

just get an auto ix or manual i/is.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
              my feedback thread

Comment

SoCal General Chat

Any good body guys or shops you guys recommend , got ran into and need to get my baby fixed Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366843048.984284.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	7153842

Comment

Noooooooooo

Where did that happen?
                  Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
                  Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
                  Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                  Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
                    It happend a few months ago on the 91 eb in riverside. I've been busy with my 5er so I haven't been messing with the 3 but now I want my baby right for the summer

Comment

Sucks to see :(

Comment

Originally posted by 2quikmotorwerks View Post
                        Any good body guys or shops you guys recommend , got ran into and need to get my baby fixed [ATTACH]69929[/ATTACH]
                        gonna be much cheaper to get a new shell
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

SoCal General Chat

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                          gonna be much cheaper to get a new shell
                          True but I want MY car fixed not another shell

Parts aren't that much, ive already priced them out. Just need the labor done.

Comment

I thought I'd post this here because the 405 fucking sucks and you should all know this.
                            The craziest shit happened to me on the 405 S near the top of the hill before the sunset exit.. I am still shaking.
                            I was sandwiched between a big-rig with one of those multi-car haulers and the wall on the right. I was on his right side (going 15-20mph faster than him to pass) by the rear wheels on the trailer when I noticed the fucker starting to move over (quite quickly) into my lane. Since I had nowhere to go, all I could do was slam on the brakes and hope I slow down enough to at least not get run over by his wheels. He must've never seen me because he didn't even react - just kept on moving over. You know that feeling when you know something bad is right about to happen and there's abso-fucking-lutely nothing you can do about it? yea, that.
                            He plowed into my car, and I went into the wall, and the front end of my car lifted about 2 feet off the ground..
                            Did I get his plate? no. I was too busy being in absolute disbelief that this was happening while trying to get ahold of my car.
                            The aftermath:

I need a fender and a door. Preferably white.
                            Any help would be appreciated. I'm in West LA.
                            Make the bastard chase you.

Comment

^holy fuck. Did he stop?
                              Web Designer / Front End Developer
                              My Portfolio & Website

IG: @w_illriderz

Comment

negative.
                                As crazy as it sounds, I think I got lucky with this one. It could've been a lot worse - the right side of the car is flawless (only a scuff on the tire's sidewall from going up the wall), my hood still opens and closes just fine and lines up perfectly, and my driver's door opens and closes without a problem. The wheel shakes a little bit now, but it's probably from the new flat spots on my front tires from locking them up. And my alignment is still ok (I think).
                                Make the bastard chase you.

Comment

Working...
                                X