Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SoCal General Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    having the best fish burrito of my life
    where did you get it!?


    1991 325i
    flickr
    @sambhaskins

    Comment


      Question, looking for lots of input:
      I have two cars; very convenient. When I move elsewhere in LA to a smaller place, I have to sell one... it won't be the bimmer. So with the money I get from the sale, about $4k, I want to buy a motorcycle (and a license and gear). Or, I spend it on the bimmer. I really like the convenience of two vehicles, especially if one is down, hence, the motorcycle. But I would like a better bimmer! How do you guys live?

      Currently building a badass coffee table
      Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

      Comment


        No motorcycle but i have multiple biycles on hand and a metro tap card as well. Perhaps soon i can land a better job that'll position me to use those other economical forms of transportation again and ease the daily strain on my poor e30.

        Comment


          Split the 4k spend 2 on the e30 and spend 2 on whatever else you might want. You should probably start gathering together you license and some gear for a bike if you want one that way you dont have to soend everything on a bike at once.

          IMHO, Your e30 isnt that bad dude, all you need to do is lower it/bumper tuck or go with plastic bumpers. Dont be too worried about wheels for now.
          Originally posted by dvck
          I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

          Comment


            Get a warehouse, live in it, get 3-4 bimmers and 1-2 beemers.


            Man Cave.
            world renown Harry Potter expert
            sigpic

            Comment


              Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
              Question, looking for lots of input:
              I have two cars; very convenient. When I move elsewhere in LA to a smaller place, I have to sell one... it won't be the bimmer. So with the money I get from the sale, about $4k, I want to buy a motorcycle (and a license and gear). Or, I spend it on the bimmer. I really like the convenience of two vehicles, especially if one is down, hence, the motorcycle. But I would like a better bimmer! How do you guys live?

              i would go with the bike

              after getting my e46 i ended up spending lots of time fixing it to bring it up to par and it was great having the e30 around for getting around

              i may be biased though because sons of anarchy is my shit ;D


              1991 325i
              flickr
              @sambhaskins

              Comment


                Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                Get a warehouse, live in it, get 3-4 bimmers and 1-2 beemers.


                Man Cave.
                This is why this man is going to be president.

                Candidate phreshkid; would you consider yourself a "Jeffersonian" president or one more the likes of the Adams presidents?
                sigpic

                Comment


                  If you get a motorcycle, just know you WILL crash. Some have gone 1 day, others years. But eventually it will happen. Once you come to terms with that, you'll be fine on a motorcycle.

                  I vote for motorcycle and a little something for the bimmer with what's left over.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by dvck View Post
                    Candidate phreshkid; would you consider yourself a "Jeffersonian" president or one more the likes of the Adams presidents?
                    If by 'Jeffersonian President', you mean that I believe the central government should be rigorously frugal and simple, then yes. I intend to reduce the size and scope of the federal government by ending internal e30 taxes, reducing the size of the army and navy, and paying off our government's debt.

                    I don't want any one person to have this kind of power, not even myself. Otherwise, a Democracy is hardly a Democracy at all.


                    Thank you.
                    President phre$hkid
                    Last edited by phreshkid; 02-27-2015, 05:41 PM.
                    world renown Harry Potter expert
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by sam_ View Post
                      where did you get it!?
                      Bear Flag Fish Grill, recommended by none other than the presidential candidate.

                      In E30 news, my C101 project was a total bust. Apparently the early model pins arent exactly the right size...

                      Back to the drawing board
                      Simon
                      Current Car:
                      -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                      -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                      Make R3V Great Again -2020

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                        If you get a motorcycle, just know you WILL crash. Some have gone 1 day, others years. But eventually it will happen.
                        Honestly, my thoughts exactly.

                        Whether it be your fault or not something will happen. God bless LA drivers.
                        BimmerHeads
                        Classic BMW Specialists
                        Santa Clarita, CA

                        www.BimmerHeads.com

                        Comment


                          The type of motorcycle I'm interested in affects the decision. I am looking for something along the lines of a '70s Honda CB 500 or 750, and resto'd to that of a café racer. I would avoid freeways as much as possible; meant to be used for short range and/or low speed commuting. I'm aware of the LA drivers.. and all that.

                          Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
                          ...
                          IMHO, Your e30 isnt that bad dude, all you need to do is lower it/bumper tuck or go with plastic bumpers. Dont be too worried about wheels for now.
                          Priorities for the car, besides maintenance (which is almost caught up now! Just needs a new master cylinder) is to get a chip and m50 injectors, replace all the bushings, replace the heater core, and replace the sunroof. The plastic bumper bandwagon isn't for me.

                          In a few years, I want to fully restore the car, replicating Eric's/Cabriolet's blue 4 door.

                          Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                          If you get a motorcycle, just know you WILL crash. Some have gone 1 day, others years. But eventually it will happen. Once you come to terms with that, you'll be fine on a motorcycle.
                          I am at terms with this. Wearing gear is paramount. Being seen and seeing everything is important. I've ridden my friend's bike and can take it to bike schools, from there I'll decide for sure if I want my own.

                          Thanks for the responses guys.

                          Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          In E30 news, my C101 project was a total bust. Apparently the early model pins arent exactly the right size...
                          C101?

                          Currently building a badass coffee table
                          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                            ... intend to reduce the size and scope of the federal government... not even myself. Otherwise, a Democracy is hardly a Democracy at all...
                            Thank you.
                            President phre$hkid

                            Stands, with tears building up claps hands and nods.



                            Also +1 on the crashing situation. My accident was a half mile from my house, on a surface street at less than 15mph rolling from a green light. People not paying attention are everywhere, they might even live next to you.

                            there are plenty new or recent cafe-friendly bikes, why not get something NOT 40 years old with sticky neglected carbs that's going to be more reliable and not another project? Time to get a 70s CB was like three-four years ago they're priced pretty high now IMO, not barring you can always find a good deal.

                            c101 is the diagnostic connector btw.

                            Love the rouse out of people on the SoCal FB group, everyone feels SOOOO smart, not smart enough to spot a troll. LOL
                            Last edited by dvck; 02-27-2015, 08:43 AM.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              T.G.I.F people.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

                              garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

                              Comment


                                That e28 tho.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X