Comment

what do you guys think of these??

Comment

Its all about that fine 'merica cheese

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Minus the blue tip fad thing I'd want to see a cut out of the inside to see how well it's built, but looks good so far I suppose for the money.

I imagine mike is more of a mild cheddar kind of guy, or he could be a closet pepperjack man.

Comment

Originally posted by ///digitalme View Post
            They are $40 shipped on ebay
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I shall check. I hit a rock on my way home and made a hole on muffler and unwelded my cat. My current muffler is a cheap 40 dollar one I don't want to fix it I rather replace it

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                The 42-draft are a better/safer design in my opinion...I just think their R&D dept jumped the gun a bit.

We've seen guys on this forum with issues on the MST/Adaptec ones too. You can't convince me that the wobbly bolt is a better option..
                adaptec has been around much longer and they have a much higher reputation with their quality.

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                I'm going to be testing a new adapter design soon.
                don't skimp out on the quality like 42 draft did.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by Ayman View Post
                  42 draft designs.
                  First this
                  Then this
                  And right now I'm trying to take off another nut but it's not coming off cause the stud is spinning with it lolol. but the stud isn't even coming out either, I feel like it's just spinning in place. Is that even possible?

How long have you been running them? did you install them yourself? torqued to 90 ft lbs? I'm curious as I run the same adapters. The studs in the adapters aren't true studs that you would install in the hub. They don't come out and if they are spinning then you are in deep shit. Probably have to drill it out. I would definitely see what 42DD has to say about all this.
                  Last edited by reelizmpro; 11-05-2013, 11:03 PM.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                    adaptec has been around much longer and they have a much higher reputation with their quality.
                    do they though? i've heard plenty of horror stories with their products as well.
                    1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                    1974 2002tii / stock
                    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                      How long have you been running them? did you install them yourself? torqued to 90 ft lbs? I'm curious as I run the same adapters. The studs in the adapters aren't true studs that you would install in the hub. They don't come out and if they are spinning then you are in deep shit. Probably have to drill it out. I would definitely see what 42DD has to say about all this.
                      Few months now, and yes 90 lbs. This message was regarding the stud that broke:

hey ayman,

here's john at 42DD's response:

"Ethan,

Thanks for the email and information, the picture gives us an idea of what caused the failure. We have two options here, if he can take off the adaptors and send them to us we can press out the studs he has and press new studs into them. If he is not able to remove them and have us replace them I can send out replacement studs, they would need to be pressed in and out using a fixed frame press. Nothing like a hammer.

Let me know what would work better for him.

-John"

let me know how'd you'd like to proceed.

-ethan

I replied saying that I'd be happy to send my adapter to them but I can't even get the wheel off cause the stud is spinning with the nut.

I'm still waiting to hear back.

Originally posted by yert315
                      Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Originally posted by Ayman View Post
                        Few months now, and yes 90 lbs. This message was regarding the stud that broke:

hey ayman,

here's john at 42DD's response:

"Ethan,

Thanks for the email and information, the picture gives us an idea of what caused the failure. We have two options here, if he can take off the adaptors and send them to us we can press out the studs he has and press new studs into them. If he is not able to remove them and have us replace them I can send out replacement studs, they would need to be pressed in and out using a fixed frame press. Nothing like a hammer.

Let me know what would work better for him.

-John"

let me know how'd you'd like to proceed.

-ethan

I replied saying that I'd be happy to send my adapter to them but I can't even get the wheel off cause the stud is spinning with the nut.

I'm still waiting to hear back.
                        You didn't use any loctite or anything right?
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

do they though? i've heard plenty of horror stories with their products as well.
                          absolutely. just ask the vw community. they can vouch solidly for them. they've been running them for years without issues.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                          my feedback thread

Comment

i guess i'm not getting my point across very well here..
                            1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                            1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                            1974 2002tii / stock
                            2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Why are you beating around the bush Mike? lol Did u sign a non disclosure waiver with adaptec or something?

Comment

i guess i'm not getting my point across very well here..
                                i see what you're getting at, but let me ask you how many times you've had issues with 42 design? and did you have any issues with your adaptec?

my feedback thread

Comment

Working...
                                X