This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
    Let me know when they start putting turbos on EVs.
    like a hair dryer or something?

Comment

aww shiet

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

question:

how do you remove the panel that houses the rear lights?

I used to be able to easily remove them by using the black knob. a simple counterclockwise turn loosen and remove. clockwise turn to tighten and lock.

however, this isn't working anymore. spent some time doing other stuff, fiddled with it again, and it just came off. anyone have similar problems? I've tried pushing in/pushing out while i turn but still nogo.

Comment

Thats the only way to remove em. Sometimes you just have to fiddle with it and they come out.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
            Diesels should be more main stream imo. Why is it that compared to the rest of the world diesel is stuuuuupid expensive. It's the crudest form of fuel and should be cheaper to manufacture so whats with that price...
            because they want you to purchase gasoline. they want you to such the teet.

Originally posted by SpecRaceM5 View Post
            It is up to them but they are greedy. They could have very easily put forth more effort towards clean technology like Tesla did. It's not like they had less money then Tesla. It was a choice and they chose not to. This is the problem with America and why we are falling behind. Too many sheep. Honestly, Tesla gives me hope in an industrial and technological revolution here in the states.
            well sure, they can drop all gas powered cars. but let's think from a financial standpoint, a business one; will there be the same market or better to consumers? the simple answer is no.

if the current owners of bmw decided to drop all gasoline/diesel powered vehicles and focused on producing electric cars, would you be making the same revenue each year? absolutely not. the price for their cars would raise, your consumer appeal will decrease (contrary to popular believe, people still love petrol engines), and your reputation would be hindered. the technology needs to advance further, charging stations need to be more mainstream, and all together it needs to be more openly accepted.

once we can get charging stations in more areas, increase the range and the charging time, lower the costs of these cars to something more appealing to the average consumer, then we can start seeing a large growth in all car manufactures creating these types of cars. as of right now, they are dabbing here and there with a few, because the market is just not there yet.

be patient, we'll see it transition, i just don't see it anytime soon. ;)

Originally posted by xcx4x View Post
            question:

how do you remove the panel that houses the rear lights?

I used to be able to easily remove them by using the black knob. a simple counterclockwise turn loosen and remove. clockwise turn to tighten and lock.

however, this isn't working anymore. spent some time doing other stuff, fiddled with it again, and it just came off. anyone have similar problems? I've tried pushing in/pushing out while i turn but still nogo.
            in my previous experience with many e30s, if you don't seat it right correctly the first time and turn the knob, it can cross-thread and be a bit of a struggle to wiggle it off. just make sure you seat it flat before turning clockwise.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
            my feedback thread

Comment

thanks guys,

hopefully i can just wiggle the crap out of it and then try to replace it with a similar plug/mechanism.

Comment

I think you are misunderstanding. I don't expect manufacturers to stop producing gas cars any time soon. But if they would focus on things like extending range and reducing charge time instead of using the gas engine as a crutch in their electric hybrids they would see results a lot sooner. The key is what they are doing in their electric research. In those departments they should focus more on making electric work and less on hybrid. Again, Tesla has created a network of charging stations all over the country. Also other charge stations are popping up more and more. I actually saw one not related to Tesla in Carlsbad over the weekend at a shopping center.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecRaceM5 View Post
                  I think you are misunderstanding. I don't expect manufacturers to stop producing gas cars any time soon. But if they would focus on things like extending range and reducing charge time instead of using the gas engine as a crutch in their electric hybrids they would see results a lot sooner. The key is what they are doing in their electric research. In those departments they should focus more on making electric work and less on hybrid. Again, Tesla has created a network of charging stations all over the country. Also other charge stations are popping up more and more. I actually saw one not related to Tesla in Carlsbad over the weekend at a shopping center.
                  ah okay i thought you meant full on conversion. i see what you are saying and believe me when i say they are working on this. it's just going to take time, the market just isn't there yet. they need to balance everything (cost of car, range on battery, charging time, practicality, etc.) to make it appeal to the consumer.

according to tesla's website, unless you get the larger capacity battery, the supercharging stations aren't included. so you still end up paying for that. and as of right now they only have 78 stations. granted they will have a lot more coverage by the end of 2015, it's still nowhere near the amount of petrol stations.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                  my feedback thread

Comment

I've seen one charging station. I only remember wondering wtf is that place and wow its so clean.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Sup people.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Does anyone know any info on this car? It's located in highland, it's a 318i with an m20 swap. I'm going to look at it today after work. Just curious if I should consider it or look the other way?

Comment

How much? ^^
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnywachter View Post
                            Does anyone know any info on this car? It's located in highland, it's a 318i with an m20 swap. I'm going to look at it today after work. Just curious if I should consider it or look the other way?
                            I've never seen it but it looks to be a decent car, has some nice things on it
                            88 325is Five Speed
                            Lachssilber

Comment

He's asking 3800, don't go snaking it out from under me now!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnywachter View Post
                                He's asking 3800, don't go snaking it out from under me now!
                                try and get it for 2500 you will probably end up at 3k, just make sure the swap was done right
                                88 325is Five Speed
                                Lachssilber

Comment

Working...
                                X