This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    its obvious we're talking about two different things. You keep talking about HAULING a rig/ towing a car, Im talking about DRIVING the car. I never said I towed a car. Thats what you keep going back to, even though I never once said I towed any of the cars...
    yeah...I wonder if that could be related to the fact that the issue at hand is how much it costs to bring a non-op car from Washington to California that hasn't been registered for roughly 6 years?

that's why I said that no one is likely to haul a car cross country just to sell it for $1500 OBO. Far more likely they thought they were going to keep it and ran into some issue when they got here. That issue is most probably smog.
    Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Wouldnt surprise me if they drove it. If they did haul it, they are idiots or they got it for nothing. Didnt you move down from Oregon or something recently?
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

:popcorn:

Surprised to see this R3V rant stuff in this thread... Where's the damn moderator!

Cheers,

Jim
        sigpic

Comment

I drive back and forth between OC, San Diego, and Oregon depending on where I'm teaching.

I grew up in San Diego, moved to Oregon when I was 20, moved back to OC when I was 28, moved back to Oregon a year and a half ago at 37, and moving back to Imperial Valley in a couple weeks. Lost a few good cars along the way because of smog issues. Lots of places in Oregon and Washington don't even have smog, or it's just a sniff. People let their cars go to shit and then try to offload them down here when they can't pass. Bringing a non-California car back into the state is often a nightmare. Even bringing a previously registered California car back into the state after it's been registered outside the state can be hellish.

Driving down next week in my TDI, and then back up to Oregon 1st week of July in the misses' Geo to sell it, and then back down a couple weeks after that with the haul.

There is a possibility that they just said fuck it and drove it down with expired tags from '09. But that begs the question of why it's still non-op'ed instead of simply getting current tags. My point to the person asking about how hard this would be to get it registered for his brother is that no matter which way you slice it the car is going to come with a slew of unknown issues and, since we're in California, smog is going to be the #1 boogyman so if he wants it he needs to bargain accordingly.

Comment

anyone who knows of a place who could replace my clutch inexpensively in LA?

1991 325i
            flickr
            @sambhaskins

Comment

Originally posted by smhskns View Post
              anyone who knows of a place who could replace my clutch inexpensively in LA?
              people recommend Castro's but I don't know how inexpensive that option is. Better to pay for it once done right then pay for it to be fixed after someone messes it up, imo. It'll be a one-time expense for most people so calculate over the lifetime of the vehicle before you decide to try and skimp on a couple hundred bucks or less.

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                so yea.....I don't think that I'm going to buy that one, I'll keep looking...

DT.

Comment

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                  DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post

Surprised to see this R3V rant stuff in this thread... Where's the damn moderator!

Cheers,

Jim
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
                        Washington to California is a three day move, at best, hauling ass.
                        I've done Seattle to Sacramento in under 14 hours. I averaged 75-85 mph.

It can be done.
                        world renown Harry Potter expert
                        sigpic

Comment

My wife and i team up and drive to Arkansas in 24 hours and i have driven from Bitterroot,Montana to the I.E. Socal in 18 hours.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                            I've done Seattle to Sacramento in under 14 hours. I averaged 75-85 mph.

It can be done.
                            you *can* drive as fast as you want, but the speed limit while towing is 55mph.

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
                              you *can* drive as fast as you want, but the speed limit while towing is 55mph.

You have a point; but you're going through great lengths to argue something so irrelevant. Tomorrow, many of us won't remember why you were so frustrated on the internet, today.

Good luck friend, I hope you win many, many fruitless arguments in your life.
                              Last edited by phreshkid; 06-19-2014, 08:18 PM. Reason: i accidentally a word
                              world renown Harry Potter expert
                              sigpic

Comment

1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                                1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                                1974 2002tii / stock
                                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Working...
                                X