This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
    I worked for a multinational that stores and sells shipping containers and other commodities relating to the intermodal industry. I've worked closely with large firms like Maersk, OOCL, China Shipping, MOL, Hyundai, etc.

About a year ago, I broke away and started my own company doing roughly the same thing, but at a much smaller scale. Smaller because I can control these deals to a greater degree, which is important considering companies entrust me with quite important business deals.

Within the last year, my previous employer fired their regional sales guy for reasons surrounding fraud and embezzlement. My previous employer was also purchased by an even larger company. Upper management has changed (not sure for the better or worse yet) and I've been called back by bosses whom I got along with well. Anyways, they want me to run the south-western US for Sales and Leasing containers.

So now I'm faced with a dilemma. Take the job and join corporate america and be an asshole wearing a suit and tie driving a prius by day, and flying his airplane into TJ to gamble on cockfights and raise my second Mexican family, or stick to what I'm doing now, live a comfortable life, with the chance for much, much greater success and a higher degree of personal satisfaction.

I know I'm making the job offer job sound worse than it is, but I like the freedoms of running my own ship. As I write this, I'm not wearing pants. This a freedom I don't ever want to give up.

honestly man, the way you make it seem i would just stick to your own company, i know 120 a year sounds badass (like i previously stated) but becoming a slave to someone else and having to watch your ass around your bosses isnt worth it, i mean who knows maybe one day you can make 120 a year with your own company. i say that in hopes you can one day reach that. just keep your own company and enjoy your freedom, itll feel more rewarding to you.
    Originally posted by dvck
    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
      I worked for a multinational that stores and sells shipping containers and other commodities relating to the intermodal industry. I've worked closely with large firms like Maersk, OOCL, China Shipping, MOL, Hyundai, etc.

About a year ago, I broke away and started my own company doing roughly the same thing, but at a much smaller scale. Smaller because I can control these deals to a greater degree, which is important considering companies entrust me with quite important business deals.

Within the last year, my previous employer fired their regional sales guy for reasons surrounding fraud and embezzlement. My previous employer was also purchased by an even larger company. Upper management has changed (not sure for the better or worse yet) and I've been called back by bosses whom I got along with well. Anyways, they want me to run the south-western US for Sales and Leasing containers.

So now I'm faced with a dilemma. Take the job and join corporate america and be an asshole wearing a suit and tie driving a prius by day, and flying his airplane into TJ to gamble on cockfights and raise my second Mexican family, or stick to what I'm doing now, live a comfortable life, with the chance for much, much greater success and a higher degree of personal satisfaction.

I know I'm making the job offer job sound worse than it is, but I like the freedoms of running my own ship. As I write this, I'm not wearing pants. This a freedom I don't ever want to give up.

Regardless of what you decide i think you should offer me a job.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
        Regardless of what you decide i think you should offer me a job.
        +1, you'll have a successful comapny in no time

Comment

Unfortunately you need a lot of money to have a successful automotive business. I'd need $50k worth of inventory in order to have a diverse enough offering to do it full time. Considering i only make $28,000 a year take home with my current job i don't see that happening anytime soon.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Ryan,

I am very envious of your current situation. For me, freedom is everything and struggle with structure/routine. I think your lifestyle is much the same. The American dream of old is to create your own and to live by your own...today's dream is climbing the corporate ranks before even entering the applicant pool. I don't think it's healthy and I don't think it's real. Stick with it.
            1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
            1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
            1974 2002tii / stock
            2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Well a couple weeks ago I took the trip up to SF for my new job and home. Snapped a couple pics of the M5 along the way.

Day 0. Car washed, packed and ready to go.

Good luck charm for the trip.

Morning I left.

First stop in LA.

Second stop somewhere in the desert.

Monterey for my first day final destination.

And last night up by Vallejo.

Comment

That car is real clean! ^

Comment

Nice color. Car looks super clean
                  Originally posted by dvck
                  I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Thank you thank you. I try to keep it nice. There's still a long way to go to get it where I want it.

Comment

sup bros

Originally posted by yert315
                      Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Sup...........

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by Ayman View Post
                          sup bros
                          Sup guy, you're one of the cool dudes, riding motorcycles, wearing leather jackets and stuff. :pimp:
                          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by E30 331is View Post

Buck Fiddy! Need room. OBO

Any e28s in here?
                            http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...716708357.html

Gays, i seriously need these gone. Call dibs, make offers, grab some skrilla, come by and pick them up.

Comment

I'll take that pink jeep lol jk!

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...46#post3229446

Comment

what did i just watch.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                                DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Working...
                                X