Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes finding out about my fellow R3vers is more fun than finding out about their cars!

Comment

It's hard to behave in the e30 when the roads are wet.... lol

Good thing I have an m20 car, because If I had a setup with enough power to break traction all the time, I'd lose my license :rofl:
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
        It's hard to behave in the e30 when the roads are wet.... lol

Good thing I have an m20 car, because If I had a setup with enough power to break traction all the time, I'd lose my license :rofl:
        I agree, my dreamkiller is keeping me out of trouble
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Ughhhh I love my OEM noah cover but... The rain leaves me in a bind. I have to park outdoors, which is why I use the cover, but if I want to take my car anywhere I need to take it off. Which means throwing a wet cover in the trunk (Do Not Store Wet), and putting it back on a wet car (Do Not Put On Wet Car). I can't even wash it, since you aren't supposed to machine dry them, and there is nowhere for me to hang dry it. Being held hostage by the rain...
          91 325iX - magnaflow, h&r sports+bilstein hds, chip

Comment

why don't you want rain to get on it when it's parked?

Comment

Leave the car alone for a few days. Its only going to rain today and tomorrow
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                why don't you want rain to get on it when it's parked?
                I don't care about rain getting on it while parked, but I do care about UV damage and grime, so it was on when the rain started. It's also my only car so it's walkin and bussin till it dries out lol

Comment

ITT: R3V owner has iX, but only drives in dry weather :rofl:

but seriously, that sucks. Shouldve taken the cover off before the rain and just let the car get dirty. Poor planning on your end. Maybe Take the cover to a place now to clean it? and just enjoy driving the car in the wet
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Haha yeah it's a far cry from when I first bought it in the PNW and was plowin around in snow and ice. If I'd known it was gonna rain it would've come off, let this socal living lull me into a sense of security

Comment

My friend just sent me this. They're not wrong lol

Comment

Don't let it rain on the cover. The water will soak through and the cover will shed onto the car. Either remove it before the rain or put a plastic car cover over the Noah. They sell plastic car covers for like $10 each and they are reusable.
                        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Yeah I can't afford to spend $10 whenever it rains lol

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Girard View Post
                            My friend just sent me this. They're not wrong lol
                            LOL true ! and my El Camino !
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by Chroma Aberration View Post
                              Yeah I can't afford to spend $10 whenever it rains lol
                              It's resusable. You let it dry, roll it up and tuck it away for next time. You have a $150 factory BMW car cover that is deteriorating with the sun/rain as they are not true outdoor covers.
                              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Totally missed 'reusable' at the end, sorry!

Comment

Working...
                                X