Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SoCal General Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
    That's just ridiculous.

    I'm not standing up for Castros but shops in general since I spent almost 4 years working at one... Dealing with E30 owners is a pain in the ass. Why? Because most of their cars need a LOT of work and the owners don't like to hear it. Shops have a lot of overhead including but not limited to rent, insurance, and employees. Therefor they need to charge enough to cover these things. Most forum guys don't want to pay these real world prices.
    Right but at the same time, I went to Castro's and had money, paid for everything that needed to be fixed, what made me mad is they spent the entire time they said they were working on my car on their own shop cars and when they told me it would be finished, it wasn't I sat there for two hours while they did EVERYTHING they were supposed to already have done.

    I am not bashing Castro's in any way, I think they do great work, but I will not go back there after that experience.

    I am not disagreeing with your statement, but people feel this way about Castro's, people who wont stand up and say anything, people that had to take their cars there 2 or 3 times to get it done right, or who gave up after the first time, and dealt with the problem, or took it elsewhere

    29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

    72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
    Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

    Comment


      ^Maybe cuz your name's not Frank Ocean?

      ;)

      Comment


        Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
        That's just ridiculous.

        I'm not standing up for Castros but shops in general since I spent almost 4 years working at one... Dealing with E30 owners is a pain in the ass. Why? Because most of their cars need a LOT of work and the owners don't like to hear it. Shops have a lot of overhead including but not limited to rent, insurance, and employees. Therefor they need to charge enough to cover these things. Most forum guys don't want to pay these real world prices.
        Preach it!

        Originally posted by ROLLingKING
        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
        Originally posted by slammin.e28
        Moral of this story?

        If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

        Comment


          Who's car burnt down their house?

          http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/...esa-frobisher/
          sigpic

          Comment


            apart Matt dropping facts about shop/customer relationships, it's gotta be the attitude/mindset you roll in with.

            I'ts the one shop I trust putting wrenches to my car with the things I don't have the means of doing myself. EVERY SINGLE TIME drive in, be honest, be realistic, be ready to pay for what you need. I've seen myself people say things like "no rush" to be friendly but then are upset when the car isn't done hours later.

            Times I've needed things quickly, i say so, they'll either say we can / can't do it in time, and it works because it's honest and clear.

            Then you can't forget that shops depend on suppliers etc, and believe it or not, suppliers sometimes drop the ball, everyone does, even the best of them.

            As stated above alot of people get mad when their 800$ car needs 2k worth of work, why do you think you paid so little for?!!?!?!?!

            fuck people.

            most people.
            sigpic

            Comment


              Heard all of that

              Comment


                and Trey, id trust Trey.
                sigpic

                Comment


                  Sup guys
                  Anyone having a halloween party?
                  Originally posted by dvck
                  I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

                  Comment


                    just took me 3 hours to get from santa monica back to my house in hollywood


                    1991 325i
                    flickr
                    @sambhaskins

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by sam_ View Post
                      just took me 3 hours to get from santa monica back to my house in hollywood
                      thats why I dont want to buy anything more than 10 miles from Santa Monica. seriously, 10 miles is a solid hour commute each way.
                      Simon
                      Current Car:
                      -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                      -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                      Make R3V Great Again -2020

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        thats why I dont want to buy anything more than 10 miles from Santa Monica. seriously, 10 miles is a solid hour commute each way.
                        Motorcycle, bro.

                        y'know, if you happen to have $5k laying around for a bike, lessons, license, and gear.

                        Currently building a badass coffee table
                        Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

                        Comment


                          Love my bike, can't stand la drivers though, everyone's in a rush, running late or balls deep into their cells it's disturbing. I'm in a cast right now bc some bag didn't feel like waiting for the guy in front of her to turn left. I was riding the center of lane two, when she clipped my rear wheel. Thankfully damage and injury are both minor, but no matter how safe or geared up you ride there's some nut out there waiting to do something stupid.

                          That said, can't wait till my hand heals so I can fix my bike.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by dvck View Post
                            Love my bike, can't stand la drivers though, everyone's in a rush, running late or balls deep into their cells it's disturbing. I'm in a cast right now bc some bag didn't feel like waiting for the guy in front of her to turn left. I was riding the center of lane two, when she clipped my rear wheel. Thankfully damage and injury are both minor, but no matter how safe or geared up you ride there's some nut out there waiting to do something stupid.

                            That said, can't wait till my hand heals so I can fix my bike.
                            What do you ride Omar? I'm sort of looking into getting something cheap to putt around sb on.
                            Last edited by Balleristic31; 10-30-2014, 11:52 PM.

                            -NICK

                            Comment


                              Bikes are fun. Crashes happen. I still ride after my wreck with an idiot ditz.

                              What really irritates me is when I see a guy riding like a complete jackass and yet he's probably never been in an accident. Can't stand it.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                                Bikes are fun. Crashes happen. I still ride after my wreck with an idiot ditz.

                                What really irritates me is when I see a guy riding like a complete jackass and yet he's probably never been in an accident. Can't stand it.
                                ooof hopefully I don't ride like I drive..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X