This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luke Girard View Post
    Lol my e34 isn't the cleanest but I definitely love driving it more than an e30. If my e34 looked clean with no rust and better paint you guys wouldn't hate it lol

you set yourself up for the hate my guy

1991 325i
    flickr
    @sambhaskins

Comment

Originally posted by sam_ View Post
      you set yourself up for the hate my guy
      Hate? I don't care lol its just the Internet =P I've seen worse e30s on here. Sorry I don't have the kind of money or resources you guys do when it comes to modifying my car. The cosmetic mods I've done are in my price range and look better that what it looked like before. And it's my car so nbd when it comes to what other people think. I'm just putting what I've done out there because I'm proud of my car and what I've done.

Comment

All I was saying is we fuck with you because you set yourself up for it, for example, telling us how much your parents have put into restoring it then you go and put a rusty fender on and paint the wheels purple.

yes, by all means it's your car and do whatever you want, but of course when you come across as privileged and then do weird shit to the e34, there will be some backlash.

1991 325i
        flickr
        @sambhaskins

Comment

Luke, the direction you chose to take your car disappoints me.

But. If you can stomach the opinions of myself and my internet peers, and you don't feel like killing yourself at the end of the day, then keep doing whatever it is that you were doing.

I hope that at some point in your life, you realize that actions today affect many reactions tomorrow. We will remember you. We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Am I doing this right guys?
          world renown Harry Potter expert
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
            Am I doing this right guys?
            Don't feed the trolls? You could just ignore his shenanigans and maybe he'll stop telling us about them.

Currently building a badass coffee table
            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

neh, fuhk that guy.

anyone posting on here what they do to their car is seeking some sort of approval, plain and simple.

People that truly don't care what others think of the things they do to their car don't even need to post it, what for?
              sigpic

Comment

Personally, I hate green cars.
                1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                1974 2002tii / stock
                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                  Even this one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	scv8_zpsc9ba89d3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	7172232

Cheers,

Jim
                  sigpic

Comment

The cosmetic mods I've done are in my price range and look better that what it looked like before.
                    totes.

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
                      why not something AWD if you plan on moving to Denver or thereabouts?

Please don't pull a Luke.
                      I have an AWD Honda CRV. I know it's not the most capable AWD platform but with good snow tires it would do fine...but the point of wanting an E34 is to eliminate having two cars. I have no idea what I'm actually doing, haha. Tossing ideas and seeing what is potentially out there. Hell my old E34 with snow tires did extremely well. I still technically have my E34 but I sold it to my GF and being an auto Touring, it's quite slow and not real fun to drive. That and being a midwest car it has some decent rust here and there. I'd like something cleaner and 5spd.

Lol my e34 isn't the cleanest but I definitely love driving it more than an e30. If my e34 looked clean with no rust and better paint you guys wouldn't hate it lol
                      I don't necessarily enjoy driving the E34 more in terms of driving excitement, but it's more comfortable and still has alot of the character of an E30.
                      91 318is M50 swapped
                      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
                        totes.

So replacing the thin grill with the correct wide one, replacing the gas door, and getting rid of the style 5s (Btw I hate style 5s they're so over played on every car with all the reps) is making my car look worse? What you don't see in the photo is the huge dent, kink and flaking paint on the fender I rusted because I didn't have the money to replace it. Or the fact that the bumper was spray painted red by the PO. Or the failing clearcoat and flaking paint all over the car. It honestly just needs a whole respray and I don't have the money to afford that at this time. But it will happen eventually. And sure I'll stop posting the stuff I do to my car because I can tell you all don't like it. Just remember that I have a job that I work less than 5 hours a week at and the money my parents spent on my car was only because it needed to be fixed so I could drive it to school. They don't just throw their money at me. If they did I would probably own a M5.

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
                          Even this one?
                          check.

chipped paint over rust
                          EVERY
                          SINGLE
                          DAY.

stock over ghetto fab
                          EVERY
                          SINGLE
                          DAY.
                          sigpic

Comment

Fight me.

Comment

Luke,

I have hesitated from commenting on your E34 for several reasons but here goes.

Do what you want and have fun learning how to work on your own car. Repair shops suck for the most part. With this crowd you will never find approval with most anything you do to your E34. If you want constructive comments go to the E34 section or forum. For the most part these are E30 enthusists and rightfully so.

For what it's worth, get rid of the wheels or at least paint them a better color that matches your car. I for one preferred it with the style 5's. The wheels may be used by a lot of folks but there is a reason for that. Paint the fender even if it is not a perfect match it will look better than rust and it will give you some experience with painting. Consintrate on the mechanical parts of your car and the maintenance not the cosmetics like most do. This will get you a lot further down the road with less unexpected break downs. The E34 is more difficult to work on than the E30 so you have a harder road to travel seeing that you like this body style. JMTCW

Cheers,

Jim
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
                                Luke,

I have hesitated from commenting on your E34 for several reasons but here goes.

Do what you want and have fun learning how to work on your own car. Repair shops suck for the most part. With this crowd you will never find approval with most anything you do to your E34. If you want constructive comments go to the E34 section or forum. For the most part these are E30 enthusists and rightfully so.

For what it's worth, get rid of the wheels or at least paint them a better color that matches your car. I for one preferred it with the style 5's. The wheels may be used by a lot of folks but there is a reason for that. Paint the fender even if it is not a perfect match it will look better than rust and it will give you some experience with painting. Consintrate on the mechanical parts of your car and the maintenance not the cosmetics like most do. This will get you a lot further down the road with less unexpected break downs. The E34 is more difficult to work on than the E30 so you have a harder road to travel seeing that you like this body style. JMTCW

Cheers,

Jim
                                Thanks. I understand I may seem like a tool and maybe I am but like you said I'm having fun and if I had the money I would have an e30 and a e34 and they would both be much nicer =P

Comment

Working...
                                X