Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you bought it from a forum guy maybe from here?

Comment

It does look a little familiar...

In other news, Ive been trying to get my smog done so I can get my BAR tags and CA plates. Waiting now for them and its annoying!! haha
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Sup people.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Sup Terry. I just signed up for a track day on Jan 16 at Big Willow. Lets hope it ends better than my first attempted track day
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Hi, perhaps I did but I initially found it on Craigslist.

The guy mentioned he's owned 7 in the past (Matt).

Sound familiar?
            -ALaS

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Sup Terry. I just signed up for a track day on Jan 16 at Big Willow. Lets hope it ends better than my first attempted track day
              You and me both !!! Remember what happened to me at cali speedway? lol
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

of course I do. you became hooked on 24v power! haha

or are you talking about the motor mounts??
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Yes !! lol the motor mounts.

Comment

So... When I bought her the original owner only had one old key left...

Any tips or suggestions? Dealer or lock smith? Am I SOL!?

Crap...
                    Last edited by alas; 12-08-2015, 10:54 PM. Reason: Photo waaay to huge
                    -ALaS

Comment

you can get a key from the dealership, but thats assuming you have registration in your name AND the key tumblers are still original. I have 2 VIN cut keys that I cant use on my car... GL

edit: In other news, I just got an email saying my car needs a 5 point harness to be able to race because its older than a 2000 MY and is modified. This is BS, my buddy raced his '85 E30 with this same group and never had that problem.... Im bummed right now
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Registration hasn't happened yet. I have an appointment at the DMV later next week. No idea about if the tumblers are original. How would I find that out?

Do you need a set of sparco seats to go with your 5-pt harness that you will buy to go race with the guys? :)
                        -ALaS

Comment

Originally posted by alas View Post
                          Registration hasn't happened yet. I have an appointment at the DMV later next week. No idea about if the tumblers are original. How would I find that out?

Do you need a set of sparco seats to go with your 5-pt harness that you will buy to go race with the guys? :)
                          I had no way to know until after I bought the new keys, so good luck with that, hopefully they are original.

I cancelled the track day. Im bummed, but I will race with a different organization that wont add all these extra requirements for a novice bringing in a street car
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

I cancelled the track day. Im bummed, but I will race with a different organization that wont add all these extra requirements for a novice bringing in a street car
                            That's really lame..? I was going to text you for info because I think my car would be ready by that time to join in.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Yea Im really annoyed about the whole deal, my buddy has been bugging to run with the alfa club and always sends me the events and I FINALLY had a weekend free to do it, and they pull this shit. Theres other groups, but I really wanted to run on Big Willow.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Race with Speed Ventures! I like this group, they're more relaxed and on top of things. Here's their list of all upcoming events.

http://www.speedventures.com/events/Default.aspx

I can give you a new-signup discount ($30 off) when you do.
                                Last edited by Chilezen; 12-09-2015, 11:36 PM.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Working...
                                X