Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90% of these cars you post are why I want to sell my E30...
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Did you pull the trigger on the next porsche project?

Currently building a badass coffee table
      Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

I haven't found a place to stash it and my garage renting busy isn't being cooperative in finding a bigger garage. A new development though is that one of my neighbors might be interested in getting in on a bigger garage

Also, I need to finish this whole "make my car legit in CA" deal
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

SoCal General Chat

Simon , are you running obd1 or 2?
          Oh wait its an m50 huh?

Sent from my payphone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by JeLani; 05-20-2016, 09:50 AM.
          1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
          1998 e36 328ic/5 -
          Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
          1967 2002 parts car
          1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Because of how expensive the BMW parts market is for parts and motor swaps etc etc is the reason why i'm selling most of my BMW parts and investing back into my El Camino. I don't see the money at the end of the rainbow with investing more money into the bmw market anymore. I love my e30 don't get me wrong,but i just don't see it. Maybe it's because i have owned my car for about 16 years now and have changed out several,wheels/wings/front airdams/seats etc etc. Maybe i'm just burned out on doing this with BMW's and just need to start fresh ?.............or maybe it's because i'm getting old.lol............this in reference to what Simon was talking about at the top of the page with the way alot of the cars are starting to look. Or it's just a rant i guess.
            Last edited by QUKBMER; 05-20-2016, 01:25 PM.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
              Did you buy oem? Mine is really flexible. Ive smooshed it on one or two parking curbs, ran it over, put it through a front end accident and ripped it off in my driveway (when I screw up the approach) like 25 times. Its totally unfazed.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
              The first two were OEM, third one isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Narek View Post
                The first two were OEM, third one isn't.
                I dunno man. Ive had mine for a year and its taken quite the beating like a champ.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by JeLani View Post
                  Simon , are you running obd1 or 2?
                  Oh wait its an m50 huh?
                  Mine is a "M50" but closer inspection reveals its a 97-98 aluminum M52 from a Z3, totally converted to OBD1, except for the S52 cams, pink injectors, OBD2 midpipe and the TRM tune.

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                  Because of how expensive the BMW parts market is for parts and motor swaps etc etc is the reason why i'm selling most of my BMW parts and investing back into my El Camino. I don't see the money at the end of the rainbow with investing more money into the bmw market anymore. I love my e30 don't get me wrong,but i just don't see it. Maybe it's because i have owned my car for about 16 years now and have changed out several,wheels/wings/front airdams/seats etc etc. Maybe i'm just burned out on doing this with BMW's and just need to start fresh ?.............or maybe it's because i'm getting old.lol............this in reference to what Simon was talking about at the top of the page with the way alot of the cars are starting to look. Or it's just a rant i guess.
                  this is definitely an OLD MAN rant but its one that this I agree with.

There's only a few people I enjoy hanging out with at the E30 gtgs now and its why you dont really see me at them anymore. Luckily, all hope isnt lost for the future as some of the people I enjoy hanging out with are 10 years younger than me...
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Mine is a "M50" but closer inspection reveals its a 97-98 aluminum M52 from a Z3, totally converted to OBD1, except for the S52 cams, pink injectors, OBD2 midpipe and the TRM tune.

this is definitely an OLD MAN rant but its one that this I agree with.

There's only a few people I enjoy hanging out with at the E30 gtgs now and its why you dont really see me at them anymore. Luckily, all hope isnt lost for the future as some of the people I enjoy hanging out with are 10 years younger than me...
                    I feel the same way with hanging out with select people. Most everybody i see is 20 years or more older than am. I'm not throwing in the towel with the "BMW" seen,just backing off/away alittle.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I don't even care for meets. I just like driving with a good group.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                        With people just like you buddy ! :up::up:

Comment

Same!!!!!

Comment

^ +1 , unless its bimmerfest or soCal euro

Sent from my payphone using Tapatalk
                            1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                            1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                            Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
                            1967 2002 parts car
                            1994 318iS junked.

Comment

How do these drives with good people get organized? I'm getting tired of a lot of the newer incoming crowd too.
                              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                              Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                                How do these drives with good people get organized? I'm getting tired of a lot of the newer incoming crowd too.

Best way, IMO is to have a head/leader. The one with the most exp. on r3v.
                                someone who's been holding it down longer.

Perhaps a walkie talkie set up.

Everyone in the drive should be responsible to read the do's and don'ts.

Im just saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X