This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WestCoastEta View Post
    Down also. Speaking of San Diego, I managed to actually score Comic Con tickets this year :pimp:
    How much did you snag them for?
    Originally posted by dvck
    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Im in for a bbq/cruise. We're due for one

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
      '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
      Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
        How much did you snag them for?
        $60 per day, but there's like a 6% chance of getting past the waiting room. It's the worst.

Comment

Does anyone live by a local park, that has somewhat large parking to accommodate 15-30 cars at a time?
          We've done Griffith Park before, but I feel like there should be more smaller type of parks that can house us and be easier to find.
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
            Does anyone live by a local park, that has somewhat large parking to accommodate 15-30 cars at a time?
            We've done Griffith Park before, but I feel like there should be more smaller type of parks that can house us and be easier to find.
            Elysian park is fairly close and theres tons of parking. Honestly the only issue we had with Griffith park was people not following directions, if we have it in an easier to find spot then i feel like itll be a better turn out. Plus since the park is so big , we dont run the chance of struggling to find a place to BBQ, we can just move our stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
              Elysian park is fairly close and theres tons of parking. Honestly the only issue we had with Griffith park was people not following directions, if we have it in an easier to find spot then i feel like itll be a better turn out. Plus since the park is so big , we dont run the chance of struggling to find a place to BBQ, we can just move our stuff.
              +1 on Elysian Park. Place is huge.

Also, local to me (South Bay/Torrance) is Wilson Park. It has a massive lot, but I think it's filled up with Farmer's Markets on the weekends. Also I don't know of grills; it's a park more geared towards sports/physical recreation.

Currently building a badass coffee table
              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                +1 on Elysian Park. Place is huge.

Also, local to me (South Bay/Torrance) is Wilson Park. It has a massive lot, but I think it's filled up with Farmer's Markets on the weekends. Also I don't know of grills; it's a park more geared towards sports/physical recreation.
                What about the park on 190/Prairie? There is plenty of parking there too?

In for Elysian as well, but hope San Diego is still on the table too.

LED Bulbs, Power Window Switches, & Apparel

Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
                LED Bulb Thread
                R6 LED Review

Comment

Originally posted by djmossm42 View Post
                  but hope San Diego is still on the table
                  Honestly San Diego is a long shot, the times we've done it, theres about 40 people that sign up and say theyre willing to drive and all but at the end only about 10-15 cars end up rolling out so its not as big as it should be for everyone to roll out, plus SD doesnt have much of an E30 scene so everyone that shows up is from LA and people who catch drift on the way down. But if youre REALLY into driving to SD, im sure Ed can coordinate something, just gotta keep bringing it up

Comment

Maybe there could be a drive before, or after the bbq. A good drive is half the fun!

We can hit up a local canyon, or do a PCH cruise.
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Hey E, not sure if it's too far but what about Carbon Canyon Regional Park off the 57.
                      Ample parking, nice lawns and lots of shade. Has a hiking trail, bike trail and baseball fields for a friendly softball game. It's got shaded benches and grills, we can even reserve a spot or 2 depending how many are coming. Food for thought...
                      Look into it here http://www.ocparks.com/parks/carbon/
                      I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
                      1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

Schabarum Regional park is pretty nice and in Rowland Heights, so you have access to literally everything point blank when you leave. (restaurants, movies, shopping, etc if you want to do things after you leave)

It's off the 60 FWY down the road, so it's impossible to miss.

At the end of the park road there is a large parking lot that can accommodate 30+ cars on a 2 sided lot, so we won't be spread thin. There are also horse stables if anyone wants to bring their kids to check them out along with really nice easy hiking trails and views if you want to stray away from the BBQ stuff after

I'll happily grab more info for you Ed if you'd like. I haven't attended anything in a while so I'm down to help. We can even make reservations.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I'm getting excited gents, good ideas thus far.

Anything else more central to the L.A. basin? Abby's choice sounds like the best spot so far.
                          Do we have any more suggestions?
                          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I'm getting excited gents, good ideas thus far.

Anything else more central to the L.A. basin? Abby's choice sounds like the best spot so far.
                            Do we have any more suggestions?
                            What about Lake Balboa Park?

Wheelwell

Shadowline Motorsport: LED & 3D Printed Accessories - 10% off for new customers!
                            LED Bulb Thread
                            R6 LED Review

Comment

Lake balboa park is a pretty good idea, fucking park is huge and theres tons of space. Id be down for Lake Balboa

Comment

Taking off to Europe tomorrow morning. I'll be back in 2 weeks. I'll be on the ring in about a week! Super pumped. Try not to burn down the place while Im gone :rofl:
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X