• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Anyone into old Datsuns?
    You mean the little trucks or the 510s n shit
    Originally posted by dvck
    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

I guess the shit since it's neither of those. I like 510s but I'm looking at maybe buying a Roadster
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Oooooh dude those are cleeeean. Would rather have one of those than a 510.
        Originally posted by dvck
        I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

I guess the shit since it's neither of those. I like 510s but I'm looking at maybe buying a Roadster
          Yea those are really cool, I like them. Kinda a combination of an austin healy and an alfa romeo spider.

How are prices on them?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
          '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
          Shadetree30

Comment

i love those datsun roadsters. needs an rb swap though IMO.

question: anyone got any tips for reinstalling the rear view mirror? can't seem to get the right leverage to compress the spring.
            Last edited by glnr13; 05-31-2017, 02:04 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post

question: anyone got any tips for reinstalling the rear view mirror? can't seem to get the right leverage to compress the spring.
              Doesnt it twist on? You push it in a little rotated from center and then twist it to lock into place

'89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
              Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
                Oooooh dude those are cleeeean. Would rather have one of those than a 510.
                Ive been wanting one for a while. Even before I started running with the Alfa club, I really wanted to get into Vintage racing, but after talking to a few people Im more tempted to buy a roadster than an Alfa... though I still want an Alfa Guilia... I have a problem

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                Yea those are really cool, I like them. Kinda a combination of an austin healy and an alfa romeo spider.

How are prices on them?
                They vary, most are crap 1600s and arent worth more than a few grand, but a good running 2000 will be around 10k or more, especially if it has Mikuni carbs instead of SU. The one that just sold on BaT was a car I test drove and it really pushed me to try and sell the E30 to buy it. Its a well sorted car that can challenge a RB swapped car (NA though)

With VARA, the Roadster ends up in DP (D-production) and its a really competitve car, especially if you get a 2000 with a cam and good carbs (Mikuni/ Solex) They make anywhere from 140-180bhp depending on setup and are very competitive. They only weigh 2000# stock. You get the cool British roadster look with Japanese reliability, and none of the high costs of the Alfas. Its kinda like a sexy 50 year old Miata

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post

Modern swaps dont work in Vintage Racing. One of the reasons Im in a tough spot with the E30 now that its just a racecar with no home... typical of the bastard child it is.

The mirror should just twist in...
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Datsun

Anyone into old Datsuns?
                  I've owned 3 Datsun 510's and 1 PL620 in my high school daze. I wish I never sold any of them as they are uber rare and expensive right now. Not to mention that they are fun cars to drive. My favorite was my dogleg 69 coupe, we did a LZ24 Frankenstein engine and did the suspension upgrade with the Z car parts. The other one was my 69 wagon with Cragar wheels and SSS engine, and also had a dogleg tranny. RX-3's didn't have shit on us, they had great low end speed but once we hit 3rd gear it was laters...
                  Cant afford one anymore so all I have are my memories.
                  I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
                  1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

Originally posted by e30crazie View Post
                    Cant afford one anymore so all I have are my memories.
                    Even the good clean Roadsters are starting to trickle up and I am trying to learn from my missed opportunities on a 12k E30 M3, 18k 964 C4, etc etc and the only way I will drop the money on one racecar is to sell the other racecar. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

I really want an MG Midget or a Triumph TR4, but have no intention on keeping the driveline stock. I just really like the goofy looks of them. But then I found out about the Datsun 1600... and it's a tie between the three. There's also the Austin Healey Sprite, but that's basically the same as the Midget

Currently building a badass coffee table
                      Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                        I really want an MG Midget or a Triumph TR4, but have no intention on keeping the driveline stock. I just really like the goofy looks of them. But then I found out about the Datsun 1600... and it's a tie between the three. There's also the Austin Healey Sprite, but that's basically the same as the Midget
                        I dont blame you, you can do some cool stuff when you dont have the smog nazis to deal with. just imagine any of those with a S2K setup inside?
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

SoCal General Chat

I dont blame you, you can do some cool stuff when you dont have the smog nazis to deal with. just imagine any of those with a S2K setup inside?
                          My friend used to drive a Fiat Spyder convertible. Man I had some good times in that car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
                          1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

Originally posted by e30crazie View Post
                            My friend used to drive a Fiat Spyder convertible. Man I had some good times in that car.
                            Forgot about those! The poor man's Italian spyder

I went crazy trying to figure out what it was when I saw one from afar, with no idea such a thing existed. That's a Fiat?? Crazy rare.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Fiat spyders are sick! Mines been collecting dust for years, though. I need to do something with it..... they are way fun to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                                Doesnt it twist on? You push it in a little rotated from center and then twist it to lock into place

twist it in, that totally makes sense... I'll try it tonight.

Modern swaps dont work in Vintage Racing. One of the reasons Im in a tough spot with the E30 now that its just a racecar with no home... typical of the bastard child it is.

The mirror should just twist in...

going the vintage route eh? nice.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X