Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SoCal General Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Happens. Pry bar to the rescue.

    1991 325iS turbo

    Comment


      stock springs? that's weird. tugged down on the trailing arm as far as it would go?
      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by ak- View Post
        Happens. Pry bar to the rescue.
        I tried it a little with the prybar, but the fear of the spring breaking loose made me put the bar down and wrap it up. I will get it, but wasnt sure if Id forgotten anything

        Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
        stock springs? that's weird. tugged down on the trailing arm as far as it would go?
        Yup... the axle was basically the only thing preventing the arm from swinging down any further and before I took those out too, I thought, lets quit while were ahead...
        Simon
        Current Car:
        -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
        -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



        Make R3V Great Again -2020

        Comment


          I see. I've done it a few times on stock cars, and there isn't enough potential energy in the spring when pried to pop at you when maneuvering it with the bar - you'll be okay!
          Also wtf text me pics/info of your new car!

          1991 325iS turbo

          Comment


            wanna borrow my death trap spring compressors?
            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
            Q
            :devil:


            WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

            Comment


              Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
              wanna borrow my death trap spring compressors?
              If you're going to Fridays gtg and I havent gotten it done yet, then sure
              Simon
              Current Car:
              -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
              -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



              Make R3V Great Again -2020

              Comment


                Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Im pretty sure he's asking for a touring in general, not an E30 touring...

                E34, E39, E46(?)... any others Im forgetting?
                Correct! Thanks for helping to clarify.

                Also Simon, rear springs always seem to come out easier with a helper to either pry or step on the trailing arm. You'll get it! :up:

                -NICK

                Comment


                  Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  If you're going to Fridays gtg and I havent gotten it done yet, then sure
                  all right
                  Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                  Q
                  :devil:


                  WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

                  Comment


                    ...

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      If you're going to Fridays gtg and I havent gotten it done yet, then sure
                      Funny, just did mine yesterday. I had to compress the rear spring, then i was able to pull out after unbolting shock...

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by s1uma1 View Post
                        Funny, just did mine yesterday. I had to compress the rear spring, then i was able to pull out after unbolting shock...
                        Yours already had lowering springs on it though, right?

                        You should bring the car on Friday too!
                        Simon
                        Current Car:
                        -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                        -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                        Make R3V Great Again -2020

                        Comment


                          Yeah. But couldn't get out wo compressing. What's going on Friday?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by s1uma1 View Post
                            Yeah. But couldn't get out wo compressing. What's going on Friday?
                            Thats weird, especially with the IE3 spring...

                            The Mid-Town event is the last friday of the month. I have yet to go, I think its finally time though

                            https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=345234
                            Simon
                            Current Car:
                            -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                            -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                            Make R3V Great Again -2020

                            Comment


                              I'll head over on friday if i get my rack in
                              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                              Q
                              :devil:


                              WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Thats weird, especially with the IE3 spring...

                                The Mid-Town event is the last friday of the month. I have yet to go, I think its finally time though

                                https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=345234
                                i would go... but i need new shocks also.. next month

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X