Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know who built this? Looks like he bought it from orange county craigslist pre built. It checks every box.
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
      https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9251755242520/

Anyone know who built this? Looks like he bought it from orange county craigslist pre built. It checks every box.
      Haha, funny you asked. I messaged him last night asking if he knew. I'll let you know what he says.

Comment

Thats a good looking early model and at a great price
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

Thanks for all the info! I've never heard of Mello Roos before. I'll look into it. My situation's fairly complicated; I'm taking care of my elderly mother, and we have a tenant staying with us at our place in Carson to help with our bills. But the tenant is leaving in August, so I'm taking that opportunity to move closer to work. I can't afford a house, which is why I started looking at a rental, but my sister will be helping me buy a house for us; she can front the down payment and I pay the mortgage. I'm new at this, so there's still much for me to learn.

When I worked at a shop, there was a guy in a truck who came around every once in a while... my advice is to contact a shop you know to see if they have a guy coming around their shop *shurgs*

Cool man! What are your plans for it? Daily, cruiser?

I have a broken ZF that I need to fix for my swap. Are the internals that much different than the getrags?
          For now, just as a cruiser for the wife and I on the weekend. I know this is a topic that's been discussed, but I'm looking to replace the head unit. Any recommendations or places to get it installed at? Just want to know what you guys have in your cars. Thanks so much.

Comment

Originally posted by No1b4me View Post

Haha, funny you asked. I messaged him last night asking if he knew. I'll let you know what he says.
            Someone out bid me on it today he kept playing me against someone so I bailed. If you agree to do a deposit and then when I ask for a paypal dont fucking come back saying someone else is getting to see the car before me.
            91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

Someone out bid me on it today he kept playing me against someone so I bailed. If you agree to do a deposit and then when I ask for a paypal dont fucking come back saying someone else is getting to see the car before me.
              Good call. Definitely wasn't me. Haha. He also, didn't get back to me about my question either.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9251755242520/

Wow, that's nearly the same route I'm taking with my build.
                I wonder who bought it.

No1b4me , ask reelizmpro , he has a good sound system in his vert. Also check out the audio section in this forum. What area of LA are you in?

Currently building a badass coffee table
                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

Wow, that's nearly the same route I'm taking with my build.
                  I wonder who bought it.

No1b4me , ask reelizmpro , he has a good sound system in his vert. Also check out the audio section in this forum. What area of LA are you in?
                  Thanks. I'm in the SGV. Based on just searching and researching, I ordered a Continental TR7412UB-OR and would just keep my premium sound system (was told my convertible has it). I also found a thread on here regarding the wiring so let's see how that goes. I'm not an audio snob or anything like that. Just like a more up to date head unit.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6662619321729/

That M52 car is getting flipped. I messaged him, this guy is convinced it makes 300HP... previous owner said 260 and it needs tuning....
                    91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6662619321729/

That M52 car is getting flipped. I messaged him, this guy is convinced it makes 300HP... previous owner said 260 and it needs tuning....
                      Wow. That was quick. For $7500, that's a good deal, for $13k, not so much.

Comment

Hey guys! I just moved back to CA and picked up another E30. I previously had a 1991 318i as well as a 1987 325is Mtech1. The E30 I just picked up is a 1991 318is. At some point it needs some bodywork as well as some paint so if anyone has any suggestions on shops in Orange County let me know! I have some pics below. Can anyone ID the wheels that are on the car? The caps say ACT but I have never heard of this brand. One of the first things I need to do is raise the car maybe .25 of an inch, as of right now I can't even go over speed bumps without scraping.

1991 318i - T-Boned
                        1987 325is - Sold
                        1991 318is - Current

Comment

Originally posted by E30Kills View Post
                          Hey guys! I just moved back to CA and picked up another E30. [...] as of right now I can't even go over speed bumps without scraping.
                          Welcome back to The Promised Land (past tense)
                          Sounds like the correct ride height.
                          We're in deep now boys
                          1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                          1988 340iL - Track car
                          My M60 V8 swap thread here
                          [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Can anyone ID the wheels that are on the car? The caps say ACT but I have never heard of this brand.
                            ACT was a German wheel maker that was bought by parent company Ronal about three decades ago. Ronal re-issued the Ronal ACT-LS in the early 2000's and the first production run came with ACT badges on center caps like yours, so it's very possible this is the wheel you have. Your spokes and caps look like they have been painted (or powder coated) by a previous owner, as the ACT-LS had a machined face.

If you can add good pictures of the lug bolt area with the printing that's embossed in that area that would help me confirm.

Or just tell us if it says ACT Germany and 7.5Jx15 and E(25).

I had 6 sets of these back in those days when was actively competing in my E30 :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=9853765.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	9938166
                            Last edited by randywalters; 07-12-2020, 01:47 PM.
                            Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
                            1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
                            1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
                            1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
                            2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
                            2005 X3 (little woman's car)
                            Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
                            Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

Originally posted by randywalters View Post

ACT was a German wheel maker that was bought by parent company Ronal about three decades ago. Ronal re-issued the Ronal ACT-LS in the early 2000's and the first production run came with ACT badges on center caps like yours, so it's very possible this is the wheel you have. Your spokes and caps look like they have been painted (or powder coated) by a previous owner, as the ACT-LS had a machined face.

If you can add good pictures of the lug bolt area with the printing that's embossed in that area that would help me confirm.

Or just tell us if it says ACT Germany and 7.5Jx15 and E(25).

I had 6 sets of these back in those days when was actively competing in my E30 :-)

Name:	fetch?photoid=9853765.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	9938166
                              It looks like I need a special tool to get the center caps off but I can't seem to find anything when I google it. Do you know of a way of taking them off without this tool?
                              1991 318i - T-Boned
                              1987 325is - Sold
                              1991 318is - Current

Comment

It looks like I need a special tool to get the center caps off but I can't seem to find anything when I google it. Do you know of a way of taking them off without this tool?
                                The Ronal / ACT tool looks like the picture below (there were a few versions and at least 4 different 3-hole patterns).

You should see if there's a tool hidden somewhere in the car, or if the previous owner forgot to give it to you or can tell you where he stashed it etc.

If you don't mind destroying the screws you could drill a hole in the center then use an EZ Out to back the screws out. I think the threads are 6mm.

I have 4 spare kits of Ronal Security Screws with the Tool that i'm selling ($40 per kit) in i think 3 different patterns. If you can swing by the LAX Area on a weekend, we can try my tools and see if one of them fits your screws. If we find a kit that fits we can at least get your caps off if you don't want to buy a kit ha ha.

Name:	51P5JwW1WKL._AC_.jpg
Views:	1294
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	9938731

Click image for larger version  Name:	71ktj0f3nbL._AC_SY355_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.8 KB ID:	9938729

Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
                                1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
                                1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
                                1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
                                2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
                                2005 X3 (little woman's car)
                                Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
                                Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

Working...
                                X