Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its straight , just no money to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert23 View Post
      its straight , just no money to do anything.
      dude you will regret selling that car. what do you want to "do"

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

more power , either turbo build m20 or s50/s52 swap.

Comment

turbo 20 can be done decently cheap. thats what i would do

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
          Ig:ryno_pzk
          I like the tuna here.
          Originally posted by lambo
          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

More power for what? Track? You can always make power but its hard to find a nice e30 these days.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
              Annnnnnnd, this is thereason why americans are viewed as pussies.

Man the fuck up like McBiebs did!
              not true. this day in age, everyone does lawsuits because its a way to make money, not because they are pussies. everyone these days wants to make money.

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
              Honestly I'm not hurt really at all, but they didn't even file an accident report. This is one of the worst run businesses I've ever seen. A manager also walked out on us tonight and then had her bf come and threaten to kill another manager if he touched her again. LOL so much drama
              ha, you haven't seen shit, come to my work. you'd quit in less than 2 weeks.

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
              Meh, I worked in a pizza place in high school and watched the new owner chase the manager out to his car with a knife. I also was fired from that same job for not being willing to work sunday mornings. Lawsuit? Who gives a damn. On to the next one.
              in california, an employer can fire you for whatever reason they want. we are a at will state so they can fire you for good cause, bad cause, or at no cause at all.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
              my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by Robert23 View Post
                more power , either turbo build m20 or s50/s52 swap.
                Pocketing 7k from your car(if you get 7k..), buying a new "shell", building the motor for turbo, turbo parts, and maintenance for your car like suspension and things not to make it look like shit will get you back to square 1 of not having money to do the thing in the first place.
                Lots of people for some reason think a turbo consists of only: turbo, manifold, pipes/cooler, tune, and yay power! But that's never the case. Ever.

This one dude with a red early model cheaped out on a CXr kit, installed it himself, retarded the timing with a chip, and blew the HG in about a month with around 7psi iirc. Instead of paying AGAIN to do it right, he lost his ass and sold the car "as is".

If you're going to turbo, BE PREPARED.

24v is where I believe you can haggle/cheap out with benefit with parts since it consists of basic things to buy after you get the actual motor. Turbo just makes more power, has a different power curve, and can be cheaper if you have a car to start with already.. not selling and buying a new one.

IDK, maybe I'm babbling too much, but I don't think you should sell your car with the intent of having denero to "build" something. It's a really clean car.
                Last edited by ak-; 01-07-2012, 01:18 AM.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

sup. 88 more and i'll be at 6000 post.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                  My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                    I've never bothered to check you out but if your lips are as soft as Mike's?, you'll make a gang of inmates in jail very happy.
                    I'll pass, heh. Lemme know if you're serious about my window!

Originally posted by yert315
                    Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                      sup. 88 more and i'll be at 6000 post.
                      Do your thang Ben, do your thang!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                        Pocketing 7k from your car(if you get 7k..), buying a new "shell", building the motor for turbo, turbo parts, and maintenance for your car like suspension and things not to make it look like shit will get you back to square 1 of not having money to do the thing in the first place.
                        Lots of people for some reason think a turbo consists of only: turbo, manifold, pipes/cooler, tune, and yay power! But that's never the case. Ever.

This one dude with a red early model cheaped out on a CXr kit, installed it himself, retarded the timing with a chip, and blew the HG in about a month with around 7psi iirc. Instead of paying AGAIN to do it right, he lost his ass and sold the car "as is".

If you're going to turbo, BE PREPARED.

24v is where I believe you can haggle/cheap out with benefit with parts since it consists of basic things to buy after you get the actual motor. Turbo just makes more power, has a different power curve, and can be cheaper if you have a car to start with already.. not selling and buying a new one.

IDK, maybe I'm babbling too much, but I don't think you should sell your car with the intent of having denero to "build" something. It's a really clean car.

I agree with you , i guess it's not a smart move on my end.

Comment

yea keep and build what you have. motor or boost so long as you have a daily beater so you won't mind it being on jack stands to get the right parts so your engine doesn't blow in a month :rofl:

anyone going to the yards tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                            in california, an employer can fire you for whatever reason they want. we are a at will state so they can fire you for good cause, bad cause, or at no cause at all.
                            Firing someone because they wanted to have a few hours for church? How about if I was 17 delivering pizzas without any benefits or company insurance? I was already working between 85-90 hours per week without overtime...but it was a job; I put in my time and they paid me. I wasn't going to turn around and sue them. Too many people these days feel entitled to shit, and lawsuits aren't a legitimate way to make money...the judicial system is supposed to check and balance, not pay people because their coffee is too hot or fast food made them fat. shit happens and life sucks sometimes. This world needs more individual accountability and less bullshit.

/rant
                            1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                            1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                            1974 2002tii / stock
                            2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Holy cocks, 85 hours? @_@

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Summer job junior year...typically working 11:30-2 am, depending on how busy the night was. After tips, I was netting like a grand a week.
                                1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                                1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                                1974 2002tii / stock
                                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Working...
                                X