This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
    Yes, I was having some dimming issues cause the belt wasn't tight enough but that's done now., it's just the silly draining of the battery over night.
    So your alternator voltage is good then? Normally I would recommend a parasitic drain test but on the e30 there isn't much going on that would cause that. We found it to be a ground issue on my 525i. You can either check resistance over the grounds or just clean them all and make sure the connections are secure. Usually it's the battery ground. Check both ends not just where it connects to the battery. Wish I were up there to help. I'm not very good at explaining or walking people through things. Usually I just start touching things and shit works.

Comment

quick e30 auto trans question.

i know the torque converter is filled with oil, but do i need to pre fill it before installing the trans? or will it fill up just by adding fluid to the dip stick tube?

if so, how do i check the level? i would think you fill it up like a manual trans (so its level with the hole), while installing the TC on the block.

any insight is appreciated. thanks
      -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
      -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
      MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
      Got Drop?? ;-)
      Originally posted by JinormusJ
      But of course
      E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
        sup brahs. driving to buena park in bout an hour to pick up some LSD. anyone want to rendezvous for some breakfast and maybe a mutual pee pee touch?
        fixed lol
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

I have an e30 fully rebuilt auto trans with torque converter for cheap if anyone needs one, was keeping it as a spare for my old car.
          PBMW Magazine. PVW Mag

Fender Rolling for dirt cheap in SoCal. Hit me up.

Check out my work...

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=165114

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
            ha, just saw on the news some 19 year old who took a piece of the wreckage off the tow truck at a red light was arrested and booked for grand theft auto. looool.
            His charges for theft are in the felony territory now because the top value is 3-5k.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonys18t View Post
              Oh no. it gets better, he stole the piece then posted pics of it on Instagram letting everyone know what a winner he was.
              What an idiot.

Originally posted by E30 331is View Post
              His charges for theft are in the felony territory now because the top value is 3-5k.
              Yup. The dude is a moron. If he didn't post it on Instagram, my guess is that he would have tried to sell it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone ever dye or paint seats? I found some black/grey seats that I like but want em all black

Comment

Originally posted by E30 331is View Post
                  yeah i figured that part was at least worth like 5-10k seeing as thought the car is worth 400k.

Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
                  Anyone ever dye or paint seats? I found some black/grey seats that I like but want em all black
                  there are a few people who have done it, just youtube videos. i see seats that come out great as long as you buy quality stuff and do the process right.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                  my feedback thread

Comment

Omar is le guru of le seat painting

Originally posted by yert315
                    Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Harry is the Master of seat painting
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Speaking of no charge problems....ever since I attempted to jump-start a motorcycle my m3 hasn't kept a charge...changed the alternator with a known good one and hooked up a voltmeter to it...reads zero when the car is on.

Cluster light works, main trunk fuse intact...no blown fuses
                        1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                        1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                        1974 2002tii / stock
                        2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Hows da paint

Originally posted by yert315
                          Your mother is plug n play

Comment

mike, why do you have the worst luck with jumps? lol.
                            have you replaced the fuse with a new one or at least a known good one? sometimes they have have hairline breaks causing now current flow.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                            my feedback thread

Comment

Anyone in the san Diego area have some sealed beams they willing to let go?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cold as shit outside

Comment

Working...
                                X