This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ///AaronJTun3d View Post
    Off topic but are E30's getting to the point where... "too classic looking to be ticketed" ?

Case in point the past 6 months. My car is effing loud. It snarls, it pops, every downshift is accompanied with a throttle blip just for fun. But no problems with cops. Even when blatantly rev-matching just to catch almost red left turn light, nothing... and they saw everything. But on the other side of the spectrum... homie has E90, with lowering springs, 19 inch wheels, no exhaust.... 3 pullovers in 2 months.
    I drive like an absolute asshole. Rev-matching, redlining, tire squealing; everything. Haven't gotten pulled over in 2 years in an e30

In my old eclipse, I got pulled over 4 times in 2 months driving much much more conservatively than I do in my e30

Comment

Joey, you do drive like an asshole
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

and thats why I love you
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
          I drive like an absolute asshole. Rev-matching, redlining, tire squealing; everything. Haven't gotten pulled over in 2 years in an e30

In my old eclipse, I got pulled over 4 times in 2 months driving much much more conservatively than I do in my e30
          I've also noticed this in mine.. loud, pops on downshifts, excess speed on the freeway, but the car itself looks like shit (the glory of faded bronzit). The car's unregistered. Yet no pull-overs.

Currently building a badass coffee table
          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

SoCal General Chat

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            and thats why I love you

:giggle: :pimp:

I can honestly say I have never done excessive speeds unless there was a lead car. Always 75 on freeways and street limit/traffic speed in the city. Only ever went ham on deserted roads

Driving hyper-assertive is one thing; speeding is a whole different can of worms

Comment

Originally posted by mcskibadee1 View Post
              I have done something bad...

I sold my E30 and got a montero. I have to say after owing a BMW for so long you get to know every little noise and can diagnose problems so easily. Jumping in to a whole new brand is so frustrating.

My new "rig"

Whens the next socal camping trip!

Just looked at my signature, I don't own either of the cars anymore. Time for a new sig.

My uncle had one of these And he junked it because stuff kept breaking on it.

Comment

I always thought those road side smog checks were a living legend or myth up until this day. While in route to dropping my lady friend off to her house in East Los, i stumbled across one and got flag to pulled in. Before the guy was able to get any words in, i simply said i know this is all voluntary and i don't subject to this and he simply smiled and just told me to have a good day. What a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by yungmike View Post
                  I always thought those road side smog checks were a living legend or myth up until this day. While in route to dropping my lady friend off to her house in East Los, i stumbled across one and got flag to pulled in. Before the guy was able to get any words in, i simply said i know this is all voluntary and i don't subject to this and he simply smiled and just told me to have a good day. What a waste.
                  What streets?

Comment

Originally posted by yungmike View Post
                    I just learned something new. I did not know it was voluntary. I guess that's because I'm a country boy and they don't do those in my neck of the woods.

Cheers,

Jim
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                      What streets?
                      I can't recall where exactly, but from what i remember it was fairly close to the Sheriff station.

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
                      I just learned something new. I did not know it was voluntary. I guess that's because I'm a country boy and they don't do those in my neck of the woods.

Cheers,

Jim
                      Yeah when i first heard of and learned about these things being held and operated on a voluntary basis i would simply say fuck off or a more polite "No thanks".

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                        And no one calls them e10s.

Nobody.

I've also never found concrete information on what e10 is since BMW didn't exactly use same chassis coding system with "die neue klasse" as they do now.
                        Last edited by dvck; 08-28-2014, 06:18 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dvck View Post
                          Nobody.

I've also never found concrete information on what e10 is since BMW didn't exactly use same chassis coding system with "die neue klasse" as they do now.
                          All I've ever found was "Type 114" but even that isn't very conclusive.

Just call it a bmw 2002. Even a 1600 is still a practically a 2002.
                          world renown Harry Potter expert
                          sigpic

Comment

Exactly what I've found, Ryan right? Your blue '02 has the bullet wound?

I've tried to avoid calling our 1600 a 2002 even though it's 2.0L 5spd to avoid the pointless discussion with some people. Roundie or oh-two works just fine
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dvck View Post
                              Exactly what I've found, Ryan right? Your blue '02 has the bullet wound?

I've tried to avoid calling our 1600 a 2002 even though it's 2.0L 5spd to avoid the pointless discussion with some people. Roundie or oh-two works just fine
                              Correctomundo.

It's a 1971 BMW 1600 with a 2.1L/5-speed.

When people ask, I often call it both a 1600 and a 2002, depending on the person I'm talking to. 80% of people don't know the difference and have never even heard of a 1600.

Where have we met?
                              world renown Harry Potter expert
                              sigpic

Comment

anyone know if i get a aftermarket steering wheel will i lose both of my horns? i like having 2 horns to honk at people lol
                                i know you can have one but id like to keep both

Comment

Working...
                                X