Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the small square button is your bog standard rear window/child lock kill switch. The rectangle button with the red trim on the bottom is the fuse switch for all windows...

Comment

Now that you know what it's for, you can install a secret gadget and re-wire the button to trigger said gadget

Currently building a badass coffee table
      Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Someone broke into my e30 tonight. They stole my iPod and a ton of other stuff including my friends work bag. They even messed up my dash trying to steal the radio, broke the aux port on my radio, and then messed up the trim around my ignition trying to steal my car. Thankfully they didn't steal it and I have full coverage but man am I mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Girard View Post
          Someone broke into my e30 tonight. They stole my iPod and a ton of other stuff including my friends work bag. They even messed up my dash trying to steal the radio, broke the aux port on my radio, and then messed up the trim around my ignition trying to steal my car. Thankfully they didn't steal it and I have full coverage but man am I mad.
          That sucks, but why are you leaving so much stuff in plain sight. My car always looks empty inside. I currently have a visible case-logic CD bag, but who steals those nowadays :rofl:
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            That sucks, but why are you leaving so much stuff in plain sight. My car always looks empty inside. I currently have a visible case-logic CD bag, but who steals those nowadays :rofl:
            Well the iPod was in my glove box. The stuff in plain sight was my cigarettes and charger. My friends bag was on the floor of the back seat and my top was up and my windows are tinted so I think they just searched the whole car. My seats were moved, everything in my glove box was thrown all over the passenger seat and floor, and I'm pretty sure they tried to steal my car but couldn't thankfully.

Comment

Bags are the #1 reason cars get broken into. Thieves think theres a purse or wallet in them, especially a gym bag. Sucks that it happened still...
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Bags are the #1 reason cars get broken into. Thieves think theres a purse or wallet in them, especially a gym bag. Sucks that it happened still...
                Yeah and I was at the mall in Victorville. The high desert has gotten so bad. I'm filing a police report and dealing with insurance today. They said they're going to send an adjuster out to asses the damage so hopefully they'll write me a check and I can just fix it myself =)

Comment

Cops in LA go around, look in peoples' car and give an grade you on how well your hide your shit haha.

On the paper on my car they said that, having a charger cable and a bag are the top reasons why a thieve will break into a car.
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Anyone in need of a 2.8l crank from an m52? It's the blue one I guess.

-NICK

Comment

i left my car unlocked and on the street for about 12 years... it was opened twice... with the door handle... i never kept a thing in the car,,, zero in the glove. had a shuttle bag i brought with everytime... chargers etc.. i am just lucky. i did get the drivers side mirror smashed once and a small hit and run fender bender in the back quarter...
                      since its been painted and restored... i kicked my wife to the street and i live in the garage now... so cozy...

carry on.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      '90 325i sedan daily driven
                      '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

I dont leave shit visible when i park on the street. Ive left change and cigarettes visible but have had luck. That sucks it happened man. I hate thieves.
                        Originally posted by dvck
                        I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

buy cheap cars and fill the backrests with c4 and a trigger on the windows
                          when they get smashed. park it in a bad hood.

Comment

^^ I like the way you think.
                            Originally posted by dvck
                            I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Truth be told, I've checked myself many times. I've left phone cameras and chargers in plain sight, but luckily no break ins.
                              I would be pissed if my car got broken into!

Sorry to hear about that Luke.
                              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Thanks guys. The insurance adjuster came by yesterday morning. He was a super cool dude that's in the middle of building a Miata. He did a good job of noting everything that was broken and said he'd have his quote in to my insurance by Monday. I'm so glad my claim is getting handled so quickly. Now when that money comes in it's time to buy an alarm lol

Comment

Working...
                                X