This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
    I can't wait for my car to be on the road. It's close, so close I can taste it, lol. Damn responsibilities holding up progress...
    this is the Henna 24v car? whoops did I let the cat out of the bag???

haha

so since my friends car is now gone, I have a bunch of parts I was holding for him and now I need to deal with selling them... random tools for the tool kit, KYB struts/shocks, H&R Race springs, new airfilter, garagistic cupholder... so many minor goodies.

Who wants it all? Im really trying to sell the extra crap I have since Im looking at buying a place soon and dont want to take all of these extras with me. I have my own crap, my wife has more crap. The last thing I want to deal with is moving crap thats none of ours..

Oh yea, I have a brand new Supersprint muffler too. Its a bolt-in for a Z4 3.0 but it has a single 2.75" Inlet and dual angled outlets for that classic BMW look and awesome Italian sound. :) Yes Im selling it, in many ways
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

We'd be talking if it was a 3" inlet! I'd like a new muffler.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
        We'd be talking if it was a 3" inlet! I'd like a new muffler.
        Its about as close to 3" as you can get haha It doesnt matter when its that far back.... Let her sing! I cant believe its not installed yet
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Its about as close to 3" as you can get haha It doesnt matter when its that far back.... Let her sing! I cant believe its not installed yet
          When you realize you should of sold cars for a living instead of banking

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

this is the Henna 24v car? whoops did I let the cat out of the bag???

haha
            Tis the very same! I was totally keeping that a secret, GAWD!

I gotta get around to updating the build thread one of these days. Some of the stuff the former owner did was just plain out there but most of its been fixed :)

Comment

I dont know who I talked to on the phone, but he had quoted me like $175 to lighten, resurface and balance it, but when I went there I talked to Norm (who is who I think youre talking about) and he said $100 for everything. I handed him a benji and he told me it will be done in a day or two

As far as seeing you, it was ~noon in the South Bay on 405 South. It was a faded bronzit ES/IS and lowered, so I thought for sure it was you. I was on 405 North
              Are you replacing your clutch? i need a shop recommendation in OC/LA for a clutch replacement and probably flywheel resurfacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Deluxe 247 View Post
                Are you replacing your clutch? i need a shop recommendation in OC/LA for a clutch replacement and probably flywheel resurfacing.
                Well... Im doing a 5speed swap, so I will be buying a new clutch kit altogether...

Im also reading about the E36 steering rack swap, and I think I am ready to go, but Im curious about the knuckle side of things. Is the airbag column/shaft side longer than the non-airbag version and just has the short knuckle or whatever? I dont like the modified knuckle of the non-airbag versions...
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Thinking about pulling out of he e30 game. Got the 1989 Black on Black 325is and the 1990 Bronzshit with tan 325i that I have meticulously gone through. If anything, I wanna sell both to the same person, dont feel like doing two sales. What yall think?

Comment

I think you'll have a larger market to sell to if you sell each car individually.

Comment

Well... Im doing a 5speed swap, so I will be buying a new clutch kit altogether...

Im also reading about the E36 steering rack swap, and I think I am ready to go, but Im curious about the knuckle side of things. Is the airbag column/shaft side longer than the non-airbag version and just has the short knuckle or whatever? I dont like the modified knuckle of the non-airbag versions...
                      The knuckle is shorter on an airbag car. I wouldnt worry about modifying the non bag knuckle. I haven't read of anyone running into problems with a modified knuckle.

As long as you make sure you have no binding and use locktite, you're good to go.
                      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                      Q
                      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by E30 331is View Post
                        Thinking about pulling out of he e30 game. Got the 1989 Black on Black 325is and the 1990 Bronzshit with tan 325i that I have meticulously gone through. If anything, I wanna sell both to the same person, dont feel like doing two sales. What yall think?

Sounds like something you might be able to pull off on BaT. Though you'd probably have much better luck selling individually.

Also, 2man, if your concerned you could always go as far as to make sure the bolts are properly shanked with the spacer set up. Might give you a little extra piece of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 331is View Post
                          I think you should sell the 89 325iS on BaT, especially if the car passes smog and the A/C works. The other wouldnt be bad on BaT either, but might be a harder sell.

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                          The knuckle is shorter on an airbag car. I wouldnt worry about modifying the non bag knuckle. I haven't read of anyone running into problems with a modified knuckle.

As long as you make sure you have no binding and use locktite, you're good to go.
                          Originally posted by TheRob View Post
                          2mAn, if you're concerned you could always go as far as to make sure the bolts are properly shanked with the spacer set up. Might give you a little extra piece of mind.
                          I really just didnt want to modify the knuckle.... I guess I have to on mine though
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

I've been tempted to pull the trigger on an e36 rack a number of times, I'll probably end up doing it pretty soon. I remember how much I loved the steering in my e36 and I don't really remember the steering in my e30 in high school (an 86 bronzit 4 door 5 speed) so it couldn't have been that great.

Comment

I remember two separate events that tell you how bad the E30 steering rack. My first driving school I did they were teaching us about hand placement on the wheel and everyone was able to go through the course without taking their hands off the wheel but I did because of the 4 turns LTL...

the other time was when I let a BMW CCA guy take a lap in the Aluminum Monster at an autox event and he was caught off guard by the slow steering, especially since he just jumped out of a Miata... I cant wait until its out, even if the E36 isnt the best option its still a major upgrade
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Is it just me or does it seem like people have completely lost the ability to drive a car without freaking crashing it. I commute through carbon canyon and almost everyday some jackass has managed to crash. Is it really that hard to navigate a road without losing the ability to drive without crashing? I mean its just a two lane road, how hard can it be?

Comment

Working...
                                X