This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
    That's alot of work. Glad it worked out for you.
    I started on Wednesday last week and I'm finishing it up today. It took 5 days total. It's getting a new windshield today and after that it's just a few little things left to put back on and then it'll be done.

Comment

Recommendation for a machine shop to deal with this single mass M20 flywheel in West LA area? I hit up Vellios since they are close and were recommended, but he didnt seem so sure when I asked about lightening the flywheel.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Recommendation for a machine shop to deal with this single mass M20 flywheel in West LA area? I hit up Vellios since they are close and were recommended, but he didnt seem so sure when I asked about lightening the flywheel.
        Give me a couple of days, let me ax a dude I know here in west los.
        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
          Also, this is today. Come party!
          Where were you? I am 99.9% sure I saw you earlier that day on the freeway going in the opposite direction
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
            Give me a couple of days, let me ax a dude I know here in west los.

Please ax your dude and let me know ASAP as possible, the flywheel is sitting in my car and I really want to get it to the machine shop
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Please ax your dude and let me know ASAP as possible, the flywheel is sitting in my car and I really want to get it to the machine shop
              Call englers brothers machine shop in SM. I know they resurface flywheels and do cylinder heads. They may do it

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
              Shadetree30

Comment

There's a place in costa mesa, I know that's a mission for your, but they lighten and computer balance FWs.

video link
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                  Call englers brothers machine shop in SM. I know they resurface flywheels and do cylinder heads. They may do it
                  I just called them. They are closing up shop :(

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  There's a place in costa mesa, I know that's a mission for your, but they lighten and computer balance FWs.

video link
                  Definitely a mission and likely more money than I want to spend.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Engler bros is the name I got Simon, so vedy sory.
                    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

If I had a balancer, I’d do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Drove up to bellflower for a fender that wasn't in such hot shape and now i regret it lmao. At least I know my old girl can handle the miles without missing a beat.
                        If it ain't Boeing I ain't going.

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                          Engler bros is the name I got Simon, so vedy sory.
                          no worries brother, thanks for axing. I had to run to Lawndale after work so I said fuck it and dropped it off. I showed it to him and asked him about "taking some fat off" and he said no problem. I will update everyone when I get it. He said it might be ready tomorrow
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Where were you? I am 99.9% sure I saw you earlier that day on the freeway going in the opposite direction
                            I had gotten stuck at home taking care of things. Didn't make it out of the house until 5, stopped at Vons on the way, and made it to the beach before 6. You may have seen someone else.

I'm glad to took the flywheel to Vellios, sometimes it depends on which guy you talk to. I've had that happen, one guy would give my funny looks, but the old skinny guy understood. He even obliged when I asked him for a student discount.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Looking for turn signal stalk for obc 13 button, mine is broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                                I.... You may have seen someone else....

I'm glad to took the flywheel to Vellios, sometimes it depends on which guy you talk to. I've had that happen, one guy would give my funny looks, but the old skinny guy understood. He even obliged when I asked him for a student discount.
                                I dont know who I talked to on the phone, but he had quoted me like $175 to lighten, resurface and balance it, but when I went there I talked to Norm (who is who I think youre talking about) and he said $100 for everything. I handed him a benji and he told me it will be done in a day or two

As far as seeing you, it was ~noon in the South Bay on 405 South. It was a faded bronzit ES/IS and lowered, so I thought for sure it was you. I was on 405 North
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X