Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone into Honda CRXs? My brother has a clean one he's selling for cheap. Could make a good project for someone.

-NICK

Comment

So the Wilmington LKQ yard is shutting down. 70% of this weekend. Fortunately the second yard will remain open. I recently got to talking with some guy who grew up in the 70's going to that yard. They used to gut old hemi challengers and Big block camaro's. He said the yard was full of them and no one gave it a second thought. The guy who started it came from mexico and somehow convinced the police department to give him the cars from the impound yard with out knowing English... or so the story goes.

91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
      Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
      E30 can make you, E30 can break you
      "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Worked my ass off on my Datsun on Saturday and its amazing how bad places have become. Napa Autoparts is just as bad as AutoZone, O'Reillys, PepBoys, etc....

Then I needed some studs and tried two different hardware stores, both were terrible. I had good experience with Lincoln Hardware, in Venice so it looks like that will be my go-to from now on even though it will be a little bit of a drive from Inglewood.

I was really hoping to drive it to the Petersen Breakfast Club event yesterday, but Jay Leno wasnt there so it wasnt a total bummer. Talked to Matt Farah too, he's not as douchey as I thought he was
        Finding a good hardware store is damn near impossible these days, the only good hardware store I know of is McFadden Dale but there's only four of them. They do have just about every nut and bolt you could want though, I frequently find myself at the one in Anaheim. If you're ever in a real pinch, especially metric stuff, stainless, hex, allen head, DOM tubing, heim joints....everything.

Comment

how packed is that place going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
            how packed is that place going to be.
            A dressed V8 is going to cost about 70$. I'd say very packed
            91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

damn was looking at the inventory of the yard online and seen what looks like a actual early model euro e30 with bumpers. judging by the date it was set in the yard its probably gone

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3375D6FB-F7F2-450A-8701-FC6EC289A67A.jpeg
Views:	708
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	9865658 Click image for larger version

Name:	A65DCC1B-0265-4974-989F-2A47BAAC22EE.jpeg
Views:	659
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	9865659 Click image for larger version

Name:	2E11D02F-84D2-41FD-91B8-8D88B626E436.jpeg
Views:	648
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	9865661 Click image for larger version

Name:	2DC275D7-1782-49C9-BD86-9F873D2D3AFB.jpeg
Views:	658
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	9865660 Thinking of selling my car, I just turned 51 and as much as I love my e30 I don’t have the energy to work on the squeaks and whines anymore. My car has its attributes and it’s its issues as well. I have Konig 16x7 mesh wheels, recaros LS seats, Euro HVAC panel, pristine OEM E30 M-Tech 1 spoiler, 3k miles on the top end. Bilstein shocks/struts/springs, Husco arm rest, euro plate filler. Tranny has to warm up before it shifts out of 1st gear, body is straight with dings on the driver fender and hood. I can’t seam to make up my mind on the price. I don’t want to over price it because of the tranny issues but it’s got a lot more to offer than that. I’ve driven it 4 hours straight with ZERO issues. Any ideas based on the description? Any feedback is appreciated.
                I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
                1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                  So the Wilmington LKQ yard is shutting down. 70% of this weekend. Fortunately the second yard will remain open. I recently got to talking with some guy who grew up in the 70's going to that yard. They used to gut old hemi challengers and Big block camaro's. He said the yard was full of them and no one gave it a second thought. The guy who started it came from mexico and somehow convinced the police department to give him the cars from the impound yard with out knowing English... or so the story goes.

https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/loca...ilmington-261/
                  wow, and that's one of the bigger ones too. it's in a shitty area but i bet the land is worth $$.
                  Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                  The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                  The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                  The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

What? Noo!!! Damn that was my go-to yard.
                    I wonder if the '97 Z3 still has its 2.8 engine. I might want t grab that.
                    Thanks for the tip & the story Simon, I wish there was a fuller story though.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

The LKQ's yard didn't get its lease renewed. Everyone and there mother is showing up, of course the weekend Ill be out of town. There's about 50 M5x cars and i really need a shortblock.

Kinda neat how the last E30 to go in there was Euro 323i, I got its clock.
                      91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

I might be able to help you out.
                        Can I borrow your portable Sawzall?

Comment

It's worth whatever anyone would pay for it....but I would take a stab at it around $8k based solely on your description...tranny fix not hard or too much $$ so don't let that deter you. My biggest factors would be body and interior conditions, as the mechanical stuff is easier for a diy'er to do than pulling dents and re-upholstering seats etc. Crack free dash would also be nice as they are getting harder to find and not as low cost as they used to be. I remember when I was building my first e30 around 13 years ago that I could have bought a NOS dash for around $600 thru my local dealer, now that is what a decent used one is going for.

My 2 bits
                          ​​​

Originally posted by e30crazie View Post
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	3375D6FB-F7F2-450A-8701-FC6EC289A67A.jpeg
Views:	708
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	9865658 Click image for larger version

Name:	A65DCC1B-0265-4974-989F-2A47BAAC22EE.jpeg
Views:	659
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	9865659 Click image for larger version

Name:	2E11D02F-84D2-41FD-91B8-8D88B626E436.jpeg
Views:	648
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	9865661 Click image for larger version

Name:	2DC275D7-1782-49C9-BD86-9F873D2D3AFB.jpeg
Views:	658
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	9865660 Thinking of selling my car, I just turned 51 and as much as I love my e30 I don’t have the energy to work on the squeaks and whines anymore. My car has its attributes and it’s its issues as well. I have Konig 16x7 mesh wheels, recaros LS seats, Euro HVAC panel, pristine OEM E30 M-Tech 1 spoiler, 3k miles on the top end. Bilstein shocks/struts/springs, Husco arm rest, euro plate filler. Tranny has to warm up before it shifts out of 1st gear, body is straight with dings on the driver fender and hood. I can’t seam to make up my mind on the price. I don’t want to over price it because of the tranny issues but it’s got a lot more to offer than that. I’ve driven it 4 hours straight with ZERO issues. Any ideas based on the description? Any feedback is appreciated.
                          sigpic
                          Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

Comment

I went to Wilmington today. I went with 4 goals:
                            1. Grab the V12 out of a Mercedes S600.
                            2. Grab the aluminum M52 block from the '97 Z3
                            3. Grab as many 24v heads as possible to sell to Bimmerheads *shrugs*
                            4. Get myself a passenger-side mirror.. mine is kinda corroded inside.
                            5. Maybe grab Volvo parts for a Volvo buddy

So far I've almost accomplished one of those goals. I'm going back tomorrow, with the pleasure of free entry and a friend to help. They aren't charging admission this weekend!

Motheye99 , ya really ought to specify what it is you are looking for. A short block of which Mx?

Comment

First m3 i got to see at a lkq . Released yesterday , went this morning to see if the s52 was still there , and i wish I took photos ; but this car was ransacked .. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                              1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                              Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
                              1967 2002 parts car
                              1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                                I might be able to help you out.
                                Can I borrow your portable Sawzall?
                                I didn't have access to r3v this weekend, my saw in the yard with my friend getting a V8!
                                Im trying to build a rear sump subframe/oil pan combo for my M54 so any M5x would do. I'm going to have to keep looking
                                91' 318is 90' 325is

Comment

Working...
                                X