No announcement yet.

junk yard in the morning....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok...fine it could be a ton of other reasons such as supply and demand. It's just stealing is wrong...all i'm saying. Nice engine btw...lol

Comment

pick n pull charged me a core for injectors this weekend. oof

Comment

Fact of the matter is they scrap what they don't sell and most people don't take the time to remove items properly anyway so they damage good and sometimes more expensive items getting it out. Sometimes they overcharge and sometimes they undercharge. If they really cared about theft they would strip the cars themselves or do body searches. Imo they are happy to get any business. Some money is better than no money.

It's a junkyard/salvage yard. At ecology they wanted 70 for 2 late tails. I laughed at the lady and left em. She gave me 50% off all the other items I bought afterwards lol. Then they tried to charge me 30 for used bulbs, fuses, level sensor and misc plastic pieces. I said no thanks... At that price I will just buy them new!
        Last edited by reelizmpro; 04-09-2012, 09:55 PM.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

They do body searches at Aadlen's now.
          sigpic
          -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
            Sometimes they overcharge and sometimes they undercharge.
            Their bread and butter are lights and electric motors and it is also what you pay the most for. Also, a lot of the various motors are worth 5-15 as core sells so that probably drives up the prices.
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
              it's a love/hate/necessity sort of relationship.
              Originally posted by accident View Post
              If it fits in my pants, I don't pay for it.
              sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
              1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
              1991 318is - Sold
              1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

well aalden's pulls the parts for you.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                my feedback thread

Comment

has anyone been to the sun valley pick a part lately? how is it?

Comment

People say that Sun Valley gets picked clean fast. I believe em...there's a lot of BMW guys up in the Valley area. I've noticed a lot of E38's finding their way into the main lot of PYP...very interesting. We may start to see more V8 swaps soon. Anyone go to the Primo section? what do they typically have there?
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I prefer the yard off of Telfair.....they have a medal detector wand now, lol.....Primo is 97+

Comment

Originally posted by bcusitsjeff View Post
                        has anyone been to the sun valley pick a part lately? how is it?
                        they slack in getting new cars in but other then that i like that place. i dont like aadlen such a small area and usually nothing good.

Comment

I think Ontatio Pick-A-Part is officially my go to yard. I went this morning to scope for a new late model valence.

Didn't find anything, but I pulled a new 13-Button OBC cause the range button on mine was peeling. Grabbed an OBC-Turn stalk aswell, and to my surprise, the lady told me she wouldn't charge me for the stalk since it was connected to the OBC harness. $10 for the OBC, Harness, and OBC stalk :-D

Yards aren't always bad I guess haha :)

Comment

Originally posted by E30 331is View Post
                            I prefer the yard off of Telfair.....they have a medal detector wand now, lol.....Primo is 97+
                            So then as long as ur not walking around with medals in your pockets you'll be ok. Sounds fair to me.

:-P
                            '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                            '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
                            Is that thing on air?

Comment

Tool bag stashbox

Comment

^ Lol

I was thinking about that.. The yard I giro doesn't usually check the boxes most of the time, but I only stash screws and stuff I don't need to get nickel and dimmed for

Comment

Working...
                                X