Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in the city or east bay wanna hangout? I'm out in the city wit da tractor.

Comment

Something weird AF just happened rn. I switched around a connector. ICV and CPS and I go to start it clicks--nothing. Try again... No dash lights or anything.. that's weird... Check power at the battery 13V check power at the front of the battery line--absolutely nothing. Check condition of line and nothing stands out...

WTF just happened???

Feedback!
      Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
      Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Fusible link?

Comment

bad ground. I've been diagnosing this all day and it seems like every time I take a step forward it's like I take a step back

Feedback!

Comment

Anyone know of anywhere hiring in the Bay Area .. Also whats up with this Berkeley Marina meet?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cgk_iii View Post
              Anyone know of anywhere hiring in the Bay Area .. Also whats up with this Berkeley Marina meet?
              It's an awesome meet that's on Saturday. You should come. I'm also looking for just about any work part-time. Can't find shit on CL which has been my go-to place in the past.
              The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
              Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
              2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
              2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

For sure. If i end up going this will be my first meet so it would be cool to experience. Ill try and make it out there
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cgk_iii View Post
                  For sure. If i end up going this will be my first meet so it would be cool to experience. Ill try and make it out there
                  This was my first meet and the reason I bought my e30.

Feedback!

Comment

I wanna go to the berkeley meet, but the 323i to so not in presentable shape.
                    SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                    IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                    BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Anyone know how to test a CPS? Theres three prongs on it and my volt meter has markings for 200,2000,20k,200k,2000k OHMs...

Feedback!

Comment

540 ohms +/- 54
                        For an m20. I'd imagine s50 is similar.
                        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Anyone know a local guy with a swapped white early model with back plastic bumpers?

edit: also I am staring long and hard at http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4287959272.html
                          Last edited by kronus; 01-17-2014, 01:27 AM.
                          cars beep boop

Comment

On 880, hit some road debris. 30 feet of steel cable got wrapped around my wheels at freeway speed. Drove the front passenger side wheel into the fender, ripped it off the control arm, and you can see in the pic it pushed the fender well up so the hood cant even stay shut anymore. Also, when the cable tightened down and ran out of slack, my roof buckled, probably from the force of the cable stopping my car at 65mph. Hoping for the best from AAA tomorrow... Hoping to salvage the M Tech II kit and the e30 M3 front strut housings (and all the GC suspension stuff). One BBS wheel is destroyed, hopefully the other 3 made it, shredded the tires up though.

Anyone have experience with insurance and this type of thing? Unavoidable road debris from some asshole with an unsecured load of scrap metal? (There was scrap metal all over, I hit more than just the steel cable also). Car is totaled, I have 5 figures into this 1988 325iS and so many hours, countless. Looks like it falls under comprehensive since it wasnt an at fault collision type accident. Just wondering how to proceed if anyone has any insight. Thanks

I was too upset to dig into what is salvageable tonight, I snapped some photos at the scene and thats it for now. You can see the cable in the pic after we got it untangled, and you can see how my fender and door are tweaked.
                            -Ryan
                            05/87 Henna M3
                            04/71 Baikal 2002tii

Comment

do the shark!

made a quarter-G doing courier runs around the city today. took me all day/night to do it, but damn- that's more than i made in a day working for startups.

getting paid to drive a heavily-modified e30. life's good.

edit: boy was my post bad timing. that sucks, man. sorry.
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                              X