This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
    Marco check this out, I'd highly recommend them. The diff bushing lets you know there's gears spinning, but nothing your subs won't cover.
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...68#post3999068
    I already have new front CA bushings, so unless hed separate then it wouldn't be worth it. Plus, I need to get a spare subframe and trailing srms and diff etc first.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
      That pissed me off too when I had a garage. Friends would come over and change their oil and leave the old shit...what am i, fuxkin janitor?
      Dirty r3vtards. Kick them out consume their beer.
      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
        I already have new front CA bushings, so unless hed separate then it wouldn't be worth it. Plus, I need to get a spare subframe and trailing srms and diff etc first.
        Literally I have all of that. And it really wouldn't be expensive, I'm even open to trades if you have anything cool.

DK, I pulled a fan from a volvo 740, looks identical to my stock aux fan. Is this the right one? If not I'll need to run back to the yard because 50% off ends today. New fan is on the left, stock aux is on the condenser
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Shiiitt I want that shit from you. Lemme dpuble check my funds for the next few months and lrt you know.

As for trades, I got a pretty sweet set of bottlecaps ill trade ya. Or maybe my brother.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
            Hahahahahha what!!!!!! That's so funny.
            out in the water where our cars were facing. And I was just talking about how it would be cool to have a sail boat out there and he rolls it. LOL
            "I wanna see da boat movie"
            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
              out in the water where our cars were facing. And I was just talking about how it would be cool to have a sail boat out there and he rolls it. LOL
              lmfao i wish i got to see that.

did they swim to the land?

Comment

Is there anything wrong with using a fan like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-UNIVERSAL...-/261265573258

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Subframe Mount Bushing Replacement

Anyone in the Sacramento Area who has the tool or a solid way to remove/replace the subframe mount bushings? Mine are shot (318i(s)
                  Ordering PowerFlex street bushings should be here in a couple weeks.
                  If anyone has the tool or is willing to help or even do the complete job, please PM me. will pay cash/beer/etc. the higher speed vibration and shitty shifting noise is really pissing me off haha...thanks!
                  sigpic
                  M42:hitler:

Comment

DK, I pulled a fan from a volvo 740, looks identical to my stock aux fan. Is this the right one? If not I'll need to run back to the yard because 50% off ends today. New fan is on the left, stock aux is on the condenser
                    that looks way too small. mine was from an 850 series i think.

sorry didn't see this earlier, was busy as hell at work today. $1100+ in my first week as a courier. notbad.jpg
                    past:
                    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:
                    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Is there anything wrong with using a fan like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-UNIVERSAL...-/261265573258
                      12" seems like it might be kinda small too. measure the space you've got from top to bottom of radiator and get the biggest one you can. my volvo fan *barely* wedged in there; i want to say something like 15-18" diameter at least.

you could maybe see if you could mount both the fans you have and wire them in parallel (again, expect to need a bigger fuse). put one near the inlet and one near the outlet, kinda diagonally staggered.
                      past:
                      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:
                      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

don't get ebay shit. just buy a good one. problem solved

Feedback!
                        Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                        Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

This I like! ^
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Follow my IG @bavarianstance

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                            12" seems like it might be kinda small too. measure the space you've got from top to bottom of radiator and get the biggest one you can. my volvo fan *barely* wedged in there; i want to say something like 15-18" diameter at least.

you could maybe see if you could mount both the fans you have and wire them in parallel (again, expect to need a bigger fuse). put one near the inlet and one near the outlet, kinda diagonally staggered.
                            Yeah I fucked up. It was from a rwd Volvo with a mechanical main fan. When I went back to pnp they were closed and I'm pissed because their sale is over, oh well. There's a 16" 2800cfm fan for 40 bux on eBay, but I'd almost trust 20 year old German parts over new eBay stuff.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by rickyb916 View Post
                              Anyone in the Sacramento Area who has the tool or a solid way to remove/replace the subframe mount bushings? Mine are shot (318i(s)
                              Ordering PowerFlex street bushings should be here in a couple weeks.
                              If anyone has the tool or is willing to help or even do the complete job, please PM me. will pay cash/beer/etc. the higher speed vibration and shitty shifting noise is really pissing me off haha...thanks!
                              hi. if you can find anyone. just burn yours out. then the poly ones will slide in.

drop the exhaust
                              remove the heatshield.
                              remove the 4 nuts on the dif to driveshaft
                              drop the center support bearing
                              go inside the car and remove the 2x 10mm nuts that hold the hand brake.
                              remove the speed sensor and wear sensors from the trailing arms
                              place a jack under the steel part of the diff.
                              then remove the dif support bolt
                              then remove the 2 subfram nuts.
                              at this point slowly lower the jack, if the subframe doesnt pop loose use a prybar to force it down. if you let the diff drop too fast and the subframe is not dropping it will cause it to get stuck. so make sure to drop it evenly.
                              then sawzall out the dif bushing. and burn out the subframe bushings.

the whole job takes about 6 hours.
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                                lmfao i wish i got to see that.

did they swim to the land?
                                2 boats came over and they just flipped him up and he was sailing again
                                "I wanna see da boat movie"
                                "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Working...
                                X