Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So tonight was eventful. Guy I just met totaled his mazda 3 right in front of me going up 9 past skyline. Understeered a right hand corner, slammed into the embankment in front of him, bounced off and ended up in the right embankment. Walked away though so that's good. Then a ranger threatened to arrest me and the group I was with, twice, for doing nothing wrong. As if a ranger could arrest us anyway. Fucking power tripping douchebag. I wanted to ask if he wanted to be a real cop. Basically after the rangers arrived on the scene, 4-5 cars from the group had pulled off for the accident. Ranger one tells us to go park at the nearest turnoff, so we do and walk about a quarter mile back. Then ranger two flips his shit inside out as soon as he sees us and starts going off about how we need to leave "because I fucking said so" and go home. Then half an hour later he comes up to us at a vista point, in the end one guy in a 500hp classic camaro got a parking ticket. Hope that douche felt good about himself.

Then on the way down a miata had rolled over, a new honda accord was on its side, and two other cars were involved in an accident. Cops were very nice and explained that it wouldn't be cleared any time soon and showed us the detour.
    The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
    Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
    2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
    2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Sounds kind of fun, as long as noone got hurt.

Comment

Well with the rolled miata and honda (stock, new looking car) 4 people were take to the hospital, but that was just a random accident idk who it was. The guys in the Mazda were fine, but definitely shocked and shaken up.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

[QUOTE=e30vert;4118486]
          Originally posted by Vivek View Post

Blunt /Steve is not going to take that oil pump back once its been installed and "tested" for operation. Autozone would in a heartbeat especially if you cleaned it using the method described. All my "tester" parts come from there.

Here is a ridiculous Autozone idea. Offer lifetime warranty on brake pads to the original purchaser which is not transferrable to a new owner of the vehicle that the pads will be installed upon. No shit! That is there policy. When I brought it to the attention of the person selling me the pads he said " I know, crazy huh". I said brake pads are a wear item and meant to wear out." He said bring em back once they do and they must be 2/3rd 's used/worn or more. I asked when they would have this policy in place for brake rotors. :)
          Ehh. If I go through the trouble of putting it in and it doesn't work, my time to take it back out and clean it won't be worth the 50 bucks minus shipping I'd get for it anyways.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I like money so id probably do it. Thats like 9 meals at in n out.

Comment

picked up euro e24. Looking for a few parts:
              E24/28 strut tubes/hubs - to weld in coilovers
              E24/28 momo hub
              E30 4bolt driveshaft
              Txt me if can help! 414-687-3410
              91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
              ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

viv so u think ur oil pump failed? how many miles are on that motor? take photos

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                  picked up euro e24. Looking for a few parts:
                  E24/28 strut tubes/hubs - to weld in coilovers
                  E24/28 momo hub
                  E30 4bolt driveshaft
                  Txt me if can help! 414-687-3410
                  im about to part an e24 so will have struts for u

Comment

Great! Plz txt me? May take a few more parts also
                    91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                    ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                      M3 trannies are not expensive, seems like that's the way to go.
                      the g265 was amazing. the g260/5 and g240s are such garbage in comparison.

LBV, yes the ranger can arrest you, bc the road is state. does he have to have probable cause yes. you can walk on that road and as long are you are not blocking traffic you are within your rights.

you to a cop
                      never answer questions, thx god for the 5th amendment
                      never consent to a search
                      denial of a search is not probable cause
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                        Ehh. If I go through the trouble of putting it in and it doesn't work, my time to take it back out and clean it won't be worth the 50 bucks minus shipping I'd get for it anyways.
                        I'd like to quote this just to remove the context.

Comment

Lol funneh.

Today is the day guys. Eric take a picture or two.
                          Last edited by mbonanni; 05-10-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bastianshaw View Post
                            viv so u think ur oil pump failed? how many miles are on that motor? take photos
                            Honestly no, I don't think it's the pump because there's no reason for it to go wrong. But Steven is convinced it is. It's my best/only option right now tho so ill give it a shot. 155k
                            Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                            the g265 was amazing. the g260/5 and g240s are such garbage in comparison.

LBV, yes the ranger can arrest you, bc the road is state. does he have to have probable cause yes. you can walk on that road and as long are you are not blocking traffic you are within your rights.

you to a cop
                            never answer questions, thx god for the 5th amendment
                            never consent to a search
                            denial of a search is not probable cause
                            Yep he didn't really ask us any questions or ask to search us. I would have said no even though I had nothing illegal on me. I was gonna ask him what law we were breaking and if we were legally required to leave but he was just a fucking asshole and was screaming at as and pissed off his ass so we just let it go and left. Also the place the other ranger told us to park, you're not allowed to park past 6pm so we were scared he'd give us tickets.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Mohit View Post
                              Anyone ship wheels to LA recently? What's the best way to do it?
                              I got my Ronal LS's shipped to me with no issues for like 80.00 - i don't remember the exact price - might have been 60 - it was two packages.

Put two together face first stick cardboard or something if you think the faced or lips will rub. Wrap the shit out them in that stretchy packaging plastic. - drop at UPS - done.
                              1971 2002 -- 1975 525 -- 1987 535is -- 2002 M5 -- 2006 x3 msport 6mt

Comment

what do y'all think is a fair price to ask for a soft-top in decent shape?
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:
                                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                                X