Originally posted by decay View Post
    if you *want* an aluminum m52...
    Anyone who doesn't want an AluM52 is wrong
    C6Z
    S2K
    VeloN

Comment

LAWL RSMs.

Good thing I replaced white car's shocks and RSMs when I did! These failed about 400 yards after swapping on to red car in place of the MCSs.
      Last edited by Bimmerman325i; 06-09-2016, 11:33 PM.
      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by siggy View Post
        My son had our 87 'vert stolen today, from Walnut Creek Rosmoor Safeway parking lot. Delphin vert 5-speed with a hardtop. License 5YBS056. Any sightings or info appreciated.
        Whoa that sucks! Walnut Creek Rossmoor? I wouldn't think that would happen over there.

I think I've seen that car around town before, I'll keep an eye out.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
        Transaction feedback
        - jpod999

Comment

Yep, strange event, as WCPD commented. Fingers crossed for some surveillance camera leads.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
            I've got two sets of black sports seats.
            One is a bit weathered but intact black leather that used to be in whee30. Lots of cracks but no major tears. Recliner shocks are dead. (I'd ask $100)

One is awesome condition aftermarket vynil+heated that was going into my black car. Perfect passenger, drivers is in very good shape except some wear on the bolster. Shocks may work, I forget. (I'd ask $200 which is also what I paid)

I can get pics if you're actually interested
            Post some pictures
            My driver seat has seen better days.

Comment

Found a pretty cool list of stuff here for sale on craigslist im deciding to post it here in case anyone needs parts

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post

LAWL RSMs.

Good thing I replaced white car's shocks and RSMs when I did! These failed about 400 yards after swapping on to red car in place of the MCSs.
                uhm, yikes. are those factory bits?

have you seen the rogue engineering ones? are there any concerns about those aggravating the subframe issues in e36? yanno, "make one part stronger and you've just moved the failure point" kinda thing.

unrelated: hopefully having Tinkerer come over to look at and decide whether he wants to adopt the vert this afternoon.
                past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                  uhm, yikes. are those factory bits?

have you seen the rogue engineering ones? are there any concerns about those aggravating the subframe issues in e36? yanno, "make one part stronger and you've just moved the failure point" kinda thing.
                  Run reinforcement plates for the shock towers and everything will be fine.
                  Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                  A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Put new wheels on my 7. Thoughts?

Front lip and shadowline planned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My son had our 87 'vert stolen today, from Walnut Creek Rosmoor Safeway parking lot. Delphin vert 5-speed with a hardtop. License 5YBS056. Any sightings or info appreciated.

CHP called today, car was found in Pittsburg. Stereo removed, interior tossed, personal items taken but the BMW is otherwise OK. Stolen on Thursday, recovered on Saturday. Honestly, I'm surprised at the effectiveness of LEOs.

Comment

CHP called today, car was found in Pittsburg. Stereo removed, interior tossed, personal items taken but the BMW is otherwise OK. Stolen on Thursday, recovered on Saturday. Honestly, I'm surprised at the effectiveness of LEOs.
                        that sucks. how bad did the mangle the ignition?
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

So this happened today. Off to the body guy. Perhaps off to paint by the end of July?

Will
                          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                          '88 BMW M3

Comment

awwwww yeaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                              that sucks. how bad did the mangle the ignition?
                              The keys were left in the console while he ran into Safeway... supposedly "the only time" my son had ever done that. Theft happened inside of 8 minutes. Quite the lesson. So no ignition issues. And they unplugged rather than cut the stereo wiring. Took a UE Megaboom speaker. Some graduation checks that were inside are missing, but left his yearbook.

This is a vert' that you did the 5-speed swap on earlier...

Comment

The keys were left in the console while he ran into Safeway... supposedly "the only time" my son had ever done that. Theft happened inside of 8 minutes. Quite the lesson. So no ignition issues. And they unplugged rather than cut the stereo wiring. Took a UE Megaboom speaker. Some graduation checks that were inside are missing, but left his yearbook.

This is a vert' that you did the 5-speed swap on earlier...
                                not to kick you while you're down, but i hope you make him remember this lesson by paying for the replacement stereo.

good news that the car's been recovered. only time i had one stolen, SJPD found it and i think the thief wanted to keep it, as he hadn't taken anything, and had replaced the battery.
                                past:
                                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:
                                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Working...
                                X