Clear All

What happened to your M42?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
      The same thing that happens to all m42s, they die.

Every time a m42 dies an angel gets its wings.
      Sina try to do a f20c swap
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post

[emoji23][emoji23]
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

^Road or mountain rides?
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
            Broken timing chain guide(s). Sucks cause compression and just about everything else under the hood is damn near perfect.

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post

Jokes aside, the m42 is an awesome little thing, save for its oddity and non-budget friendly nature. I'll probably sell mine on to someone willing to do the timing chain refresh. I'm just kinda scared of tackling it myself.

Originally posted by wworm View Post
            ^Road or mountain rides?
            I was on a road ride. Started in Alameda (Bay Farm), up through Oakland, Berkeley hills, over into Orinda, Lafayette, Moraga, Walnut Creek, then back up into Oakland hills, and back down to Alameda.

I used to be into MTB many moons ago. This past winter, I bought my dream frame (Nomad) Carbon and handpicked all of the components over a period of a few months. Have literally had it on zero rides since I completed it in February.

Planning on driving down to LA for a long weekend next month to pick it up and bring it back up north. Need to finish cleaning out our garage though, first.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Spotted a zinno early model coupe with euro bumpers and azev wheels in San Jose the other day. Even my wife spotted it, which is quite impressive on many points
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                I was on a road ride. Started in Alameda (Bay Farm), up through Oakland, Berkeley hills, over into Orinda, Lafayette, Moraga, Walnut Creek, then back up into Oakland hills, and back down to Alameda.

I used to be into MTB many moons ago. This past winter, I bought my dream frame (Nomad) Carbon and handpicked all of the components over a period of a few months. Have literally had it on zero rides since I completed it in February.
                sweet rig man! we should go for a ride one of these days! I do road or mountain, not at all picky. I'll be doing laps at Joaquin Miller Park this wednesday after work, shoot me a PM if you wanna rip some local trails lol
                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

my HREs were stolen over the weekend. they are 504s wrapped in r888s. please keep an eye out (the ones in my sig)

Comment

motherfuck what

no
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                      my HREs were stolen over the weekend. they are 504s wrapped in r888s. please keep an eye out (the ones in my sig)
                      No. Holy shit, Oliver. I'll keep an eye out. That really sucks. Luckily, being HRE 504s, they'll be easy to spot if local.

Were they on your car when they were stolen?
                      1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
                      2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
                      2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                      2011 BMW X5M [Daily]
                      1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]
                      1973 BMW R75/5 Toaster Tank [Summer Daily]

Comment

Hanging with my buddy in Ripon today before i make the trip north, anyone live around here??

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I've got an m20 question. Over the past 2 days my 91 325i has been acting up. The engine is randomly losing all power/turning off for a second, then coming back to life. Dash gauges are reading fine, no dash lights, stop test says no problems (1444).

It's been happening when I dog the shit out of it or hit a big bump. Today it did the thing and almost died, but came back to life and idled fine at a red light. I got on it hard leaving the light and it died before I got through the intersection. It would start and then immediately die, hitting the throttle had no impact. Then about 30 seconds later I was able to start it and drive again.

The gas gauge say I have half a tank, the warning light isn't on, and I don't hear the pump being excessively loud.

Since I don't have any warning lights, it's an intermittent failure, and I don't lose electrical power (radio), my guess is a fuel pressure issue. Which leads me to suspect the pump or a clogged filter. I may try to get a new filter on the way home and change it in the parking lot, but I really don't want to break down on the freeway.

Any other thoughts?
                          sigpic
                          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

^^ I've had that happen with a bad ECU before in our lemons car. It would cut out hard and then effectively bump-start itself back up a couple times, at speed, down the back straight of sonoma. $100% fixed with a replaced ECU.
                            cars beep boop

Comment

Check the wiring connection going to the fuel injectors. It sounds like the issue I was having...

Problem solved...

Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

I have an extra one of those injector harnesses with a good connector for sale. Lmk if you need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X