X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HerbReal View Post
    Jason,

cool, just let me know. I go to SJSU and I can bring them up for you.
    Oh nice, thought I was gonna have to do the driving. :)

And... JFC on the steelies. I'm selling turbo bits for $50 a pop and people are -still- trying to haggle. Maybe I should ask for some stupid outlandish price too.
    Last edited by decay; 02-02-2013, 06:31 PM.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Hey guys, i am checking in. I am moving to Sacramento. Looking to make a meet sometime. :)

Comment

Originally posted by xxx-Lost-Soul-xxx View Post
        Hey guys, i am checking in. I am moving to Sacramento. Looking to make a meet sometime. :)
        You still have the m e28 right? I hope I get to see it!!

Comment

Hope you get your car running!!!

Comment

^LOL

So, guys... I have a problem. When I let my e30 sit for an extended period of time (at least an hour), there accumulates a very thick gasoline smell inside the cabin, and only while sitting. It was bearable at first, but now that I fixed some major roadblocks with my car, it is really grinding on my nerves. Fuel filter, fuel tank; any other ideas on where to look/where the smell would be getting inside the car from? While the car is running, there is no leak, only when it sits

Comment

My bet is that while your car is moving, there is simply enough airflow around the tank to prevent it from getting inside the cabin. Check the two little trap doors under the rear seat. My bet is that you have a leak near one of those and the trap door is not sealed all the way.
              sigpic

Comment

So.. Gas tanks are supposed to leak fumes?

Comment

If you have an early model, it's possible the seal from the lifter-pump to the fuel tank is just disintegrating and you just don't notice the smell from fuel sloshing up while you're at speed/windows down. Had the same issue on my first e30 and my e28.
                  sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                    You still have the m e28 right? I hope I get to see it!!
                    Yea im just taking a car load of stuff and a bike with me.

Comment

Originally posted by dk View Post
                      Oh nice, thought I was gonna have to do the driving. :)

And... JFC on the steelies. I'm selling turbo bits for $50 a pop and people are -still- trying to haggle. Maybe I should ask for some stupid outlandish price too.
                      Lol I thought you were gonna ask a $50 discount for traveling 10 miles.
                      - 98 M3 Cabrio
                      Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
                      Instagram: @herbreal
                      Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

Originally posted by xxx-Lost-Soul-xxx View Post
                        Yea im just taking a car load of stuff and a bike with me.
                        Welcome lady member.
                        - 98 M3 Cabrio
                        Photo work: http://www.herbreal.com
                        Instagram: @herbreal
                        Twitter:the_herb_real

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                          So.. Gas tanks are supposed to leak fumes?
                          That's not what I said. I said that you might have a leak near one of those trap doors. I can see how you misunderstood my meaning though, I was trying to say that it might be just a small leak and that combined with a bad seal on a trap door could cause the problem you described.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HerbReal View Post
                            Lol I thought you were gonna ask a $50 discount for traveling 10 miles.
                            i had a guy pull that shit today.

"i'm coming from SF so $50 for a brand new part that retails for $120 is too much. but i don't wanna wait for a vendor to ship to me, because i have a race next week."

how fucking dumb do you have to be to tell a seller you're desperate to buy, and then expect him to drop price? you JUST TOLD ME you "really need it".
                            past:
                            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:
                            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
                              That's not what I said. I said that you might have a leak near one of those trap doors. I can see how you misunderstood my meaning though, I was trying to say that it might be just a small leak and that combined with a bad seal on a trap door could cause the problem you described.
                              I assumed it was a misunderstanding, although I was somewhat confused, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, granted you were talking about those trap doors and I'm somewhat knowledgeable about what you were trying to say.

I'll check it out on Tuesday when I have time to just sit and figure it out

Comment

Anyone with an m/s52 want a Schrick intake? Not mine, I just found it. ;)

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/3589200580.html

WTB NorCal: Z4 shifter + misc. parts

Comment

Working...
                                X