Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorter bracket means you wont be able to use your hand brake.

both of my wife's jettas we removed the center console arm rest bc we cant shift with it there.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

o hai

Comment

hulo
        cars beep boop

Comment

sup g

you still working late tomorrow

Comment

Got my first offer from insurance. Very very satisfied, but I just want to ask. If I refuse the first offer, can they offer me less the second or third time?

Comment

the advice I've heard is always refuse the first offer

Comment

That is what I have heard, but I also heard the first offer is usually around a 1000. I was offered 4x that + my car back.

I just don't want the possibility of refusing the offer, then getting offered a lower amount.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                  That is what I have heard, but I also heard the first offer is usually around a 1000. I was offered 4x that + my car back.

I just don't want the possibility of refusing the offer, then getting offered a lower amount.
                  counter offer for $8k and provide three or four similarly priced cars that are "euro-spec". They are going to pull some bullshit that your car is worth less because it is a "grey market" car, but your defence should be that it is significantly more rare, and the procedures to get it legalized in the US are substantial, thus making it much more desirable compared to the cars they used to valuate your car.

They won't offer less. Stand your ground, demand more, provide evidence that supports your higher request, and let the second offer roll in. Don't leave money on the table.

Trust me, my name is phre$hkid.

edit: Has insurance given you a rental car? You are also able request loss-of-use fee if they haven't provided you with a rental. It averages to something like $37-$55 a day, multiplied by the number of days it takes them to get you a check. This can be a very substantial sum if you play the claim game correctly.
                  world renown Harry Potter expert
                  sigpic

Comment

I dont think it is euro spec, I think it just has a euro bumper conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                      What do you need done? I have been doing car stereo for years, but I don't want to do any custom sub enclosures or fiberglass work.
                      Nothing major.

I've been looking for something fairly close to stock, but I want BT. I was thinking about doing the CD43, with the soundplicity BT, and rocking whatever speakers fit in the stock enclosures. I think it might work with the stock wiring, via an adapter, but I'm not 100%.

Also not sure about the stock amp.

Doesn't need to sound amazing, just needs to work.

Without frying my harness.

—Peter

Comment

Originally posted by pietro View Post
                        Nothing major.

I've been looking for something fairly close to stock, but I want BT. I was thinking about doing the CD43, with the soundplicity BT, and rocking whatever speakers fit in the stock enclosures. I think it might work with the stock wiring, via an adapter, but I'm not 100%.

Also not sure about the stock amp.

Doesn't need to sound amazing, just needs to work.

Without frying my harness.

—Peter
                        Do you have the premium factory speakers or base model? factory amp is pretty weak for aftermarket speakers, but it depends on the user, some people dont care, others will never be happy with the power from the stock amp.
                        IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

marco take the 4k+buyback and got get another car and part out yours.
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                            Do you have the premium factory speakers or base model? factory amp is pretty weak for aftermarket speakers, but it depends on the user, some people dont care, others will never be happy with the power from the stock amp.
                            It's a cabrio, so I think it's premium factory: original speakers, amp, and head unit, with a fader in the dash above the stereo, and tweeters in the doors.

There's a tape stuck in the deck now, and the volume knob was crackling for a while before that happened, so it's probably ready to be replaced.

I don't really want to cut any sheet metal - any replacement speakers should pretty much fit like stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                              marco take the 4k+buyback and got get another car and part out yours.
                              do it ^
                              1971 2002 -- 1975 525 -- 1987 535is -- 2002 M5 -- 2006 x3 msport 6mt

Comment

Doing it. The insurance adjuster said he is adding up all the extras from my car and redoing the offer. Calling me back Monday with the new offer, and we will most likely be accepting it.

Probably going to pick up that 635csi and then sell the four door to fund wheels and suspension. That means I will be out of the e30 game )'':

Comment

Working...
                                X