Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a couple of manual trans X5's if you're worried about the automatics.

Comment

^didnt know the x5 came in manual here. Thats kinda rad..
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Yeah, they're not easy to find. Even harder to find is the 6 speed manual X5. I used BRZO to search the whole US for manual trans x5's on craigslist and found 4 and one was a LeMans (?) Blue on tan six speed. They're still cheap for the most part because it's an x5 and not many people like them and most don't want one without an automatic.

Comment

i want something i can just put in drive and zombie around in, but i appreciate the solid leads!

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
            i want something i can just put in drive and zombie around in, but i appreciate the solid leads!
            Have you considered the humble but large Toyota Sequoia? They're on the cheaper side for a Toyota 4x4 if you get the first generation, and the 4.7 v8 is as close to indestructible as you can without buying a diesel. Plus they have plenty of space for, well anything you can think of. Basically an SUV version of the Tundra. Also, Jeep had the Liberty that was offered with a 4 cylinder CDI diesel, that gets almost 30mpg on the highway, hard to find but worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRob View Post
              Have you considered the humble but large Toyota Sequoia? They're on the cheaper side for a Toyota 4x4 if you get the first generation, and the 4.7 v8 is as close to indestructible as you can without buying a diesel. Plus they have plenty of space for, well anything you can think of. Basically an SUV version of the Tundra. Also, Jeep had the Liberty that was offered with a 4 cylinder CDI diesel, that gets almost 30mpg on the highway, hard to find but worth it.

I have dabbled with the sequoia, my in laws have like an 02 tundra so I have always liked the Toyota v8 truck platform. Only trouble is they get like 14 mpg on a good day ahha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, gas mileage is definitely crap on those things. The best mileage I ever managed from an SUV was either my 95 4x4 Cherokee or my 97 4x4 4runner. With the right driving I could squeeze about 18 out of them. They were both awesome though, tough, basic and could go almost anywhere.

Comment

Yeah, gas mileage is definitely crap on those things. The best mileage I ever managed from an SUV was either my 95 4x4 Cherokee or my 97 4x4 4runner. With the right driving I could squeeze about 18 out of them. They were both awesome though, tough, basic and could go almost anywhere.

Haha I have a friend with a nice clean 4.0 XJ, I was asking him about the gas mileage, he said it’s pretty bad, driving from Vegas to Laguna Seca and back he spent about $200 in gas yeesh!!!

Comment

I guess it depends on the gearing, mine had like 3.23s or something like that in it and I had a friend with 4.10s and his mileage was horrible. I was in a similar situation, trying to find something with ok gas mileage but also has the utilities of an SUV. I gave up and got my e90 328, its too small and I wish I'd found something better but oh well. It is truly a tough balance to find. You could go for a diesel Jetta wagon

Comment

Hey california people, what are your thoughts on buying a "salvage rebuilt" car?

I've been thinking about getting something pre-1975 for "reasons", and a lot of stuff is listed as a salvage title. Anything I should be aware of, other than the price should be lower and it might be harder to sell?
                      sigpic
                      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

I guess it depends on the gearing, mine had like 3.23s or something like that in it and I had a friend with 4.10s and his mileage was horrible. I was in a similar situation, trying to find something with ok gas mileage but also has the utilities of an SUV. I gave up and got my e90 328, its too small and I wish I'd found something better but oh well. It is truly a tough balance to find. You could go for a diesel Jetta wagon

I can’t bring myself to a VW or Audi. It scares me too much lol. I’ll probably end up with a Subaru I’m guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                          Hey california people, what are your thoughts on buying a "salvage rebuilt" car?

I've been thinking about getting something pre-1975 for "reasons", and a lot of stuff is listed as a salvage title. Anything I should be aware of, other than the price should be lower and it might be harder to sell?
                          rebuilt is better than salvage because it's possible that they actually repaired it well enough to get a chp inspection rather than zip-tieing shit back together.

for old cars, unclear that title status makes too much of a difference on price.
                          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                            rebuilt is better than salvage because it's possible that they actually repaired it well enough to get a chp inspection rather than zip-tieing shit back together.

for old cars, unclear that title status makes too much of a difference on price.
                            Ok, so stupid question. What's going on with the headlights on this car? Is it some sort of Neue Klasse euro headlights grafted onto a '72 02?

sigpic
                            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                              Ok, so stupid question. What's going on with the headlights on this car? Is it some sort of Neue Klasse euro headlights grafted onto a '72 02?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto...528370176.html
                              I saw that the other day, and thought the same thing, but the one piece New Class headlights have a curved amber blinker.

it's gotta be custom, I've never seen them on another BMW.

Also, you can see on the passenger's side, there's what looks like black caulking around the headlight housing on the grill.
                              1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
                              2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
                              2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                              2011 BMW X5M [Daily]
                              1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]
                              1973 BMW R75/5 Toaster Tank [Summer Daily]

Comment

Is there an easy way to check if a car has any back-fees owed to the DMV before I buy the car?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X