Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have first hand experience with local shops in or near the south bay that you trust bringing your E30 to? Need to replace a coolant hose...or all of them depending on where the leak is coming from. I don't have time or space to work on the car before I move. I've only heard of shops like BTM and Edge. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Comment

BTM is good. The guys there are good techs and they know E30s well.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
        BTM is good. The guys there are good techs and they know E30s well.
        thanks!

Comment

Anyone have any clean front subframe bolts? Looking to get all four, but can live with just the two closer to the rear of the car.

Orr does anyone have the bolt size/grade, I could probably get them from the hardware store and would prefer new anyways.

Comment

According to realoem they are M10X65.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

Any of you guys ever heard of any shops around here restoring a cracked dash? Like to stock texture, not just flocking it? I have a friend with an old 5-series who was asking me.
              sigpic

Comment

Just Dashes can do it. not cheap
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Anyone have any opinions on Finish Logic for wheel refinishing? I picked these up and want them to look factory again:
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Just stopping in to say that this is my 1337 post.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                    Transaction feedback
                    - jpod999

Comment

Long time ;D no see, folks.

Hope you all have been well, e36 life is going swell. I need to drive another e30 soon to remember why I made the poor decision of selling mine.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                        Long time ;D no see, folks.

Hope you all have been well, e36 life is going swell. I need to drive another e30 soon to remember why I made the poor decision of selling mine.
                        I dunno Andrei, I'm pretty jealous of your car every time you post on IG.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                        Transaction feedback
                        - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                          Anyone have any opinions on Finish Logic for wheel refinishing? I picked these up and want them to look factory again...
                          I dropped off the wheels yesterday. Dudes at Finish Logic seemed very professional/knowledgeable. I had also talked to Rite Way, and apparently the two shops have some degree of business partnership. (FL uses RW's mount/balance machines and occasionally does some of their overflow work) Based on RW's reputation, and their respect for FL, I feel confident that the wheels will come out great.

Side note, FACTORY CHROME MUST ALWAYS BE STRIPPED BEFORE REFINISHING. It can be blasted off, but will destroy the surface. The only good way to remove it is to have it professionally stripped, which costs about $125 a wheel. Based on this unanticipated cost, I'm going to be into these wheels about $500 more than I'd like, but I guess that was a good learning experience.
                          sigpic
                          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Who caught the Warriors game?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                              Who caught the Warriors game?
                              I did, always... I have to deal with my annoying Laker fan cousins on a daily basis as they try to bring me down off the mountain top lol
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Warriors? Pssh lame...who's excited for Catalunya this weekend?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                                Transaction feedback
                                - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                                X