Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ontario E30s Facebook Group

For E30 folks in Ontario, Canada there is a fairly active facebook group:

A group exclusively for BMW E30 owners living in Ontario, Canada.

Local meetups, used parts swapping, and suggestions for local resources.
    Over 600 members as of fall 2022.

fb don't like me. never really had an account and can't get a response from them anyway. they keep trying to sell me meta shit now even though i can't post. don't get it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
      fb don't like me. never really had an account and can't get a response from them anyway. they keep trying to sell me meta shit now even though i can't post. don't get it at all.
      Yeah, my facebook is almost entirely car pages. I use it as a resource more then as social media.
      Facebook now has a marketplace section as well, often items posted there aren't on kijiji/craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post

Yeah, my facebook is almost entirely car pages. I use it as a resource more then as social media.
        Facebook now has a marketplace section as well, often items posted there aren't on kijiji/craigslist.
        i never even posted and they barred me. i didn't notice for a few days then emailed an appeal. they rescinded the ban then banned me again about a wk later. i didn't notice in the time limit to send the appeal, so they just blocked me. they got my info when i signed up though, and have no issue spamming me with shit about meta etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post

i never even posted and they barred me. i didn't notice for a few days then emailed an appeal. they rescinded the ban then banned me again about a wk later. i didn't notice in the time limit to send the appeal, so they just blocked me. they got my info when i signed up though, and have no issue spamming me with shit about meta etc.
          Very strange. Only thing I can think of is that a "bot" got a hold of your username and password, and was posting spam on your behalf.

Comment

I've also requested access to this group from both admin and not got a response (over a week now). Not really a fan of FB, I only have it setup for the sake of marketplace.

Comment

they won't let me in, either because they're very anal that only Ontario enthusiasts shall be allowed or for the reasons everyone else has.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                they won't let me in, either because they're very anal that only Ontario enthusiasts shall be allowed or for the reasons everyone else has.
                Yeah I think it's a local group only. Too bad that isn't a softer rule though.

Oddly enough we do get the occasional person from "Ontario, California" trying to sell things on there.

Comment

I don't know how the people on that group are, but I have to say I'm absolutely disgusted with what people are trying to charge for spare parts around here (Toronto). As if inflation has caused the parts produced 40 yrs ago to cost so much more. I don't know it could just be me, but I've been out of car culture for atleast 10yrs and it used to be guys helping one another. Now it seems quite the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful View Post
                    I don't know how the people on that group are, but I have to say I'm absolutely disgusted with what people are trying to charge for spare parts around here (Toronto). As if inflation has caused the parts produced 40 yrs ago to cost so much more. I don't know it could just be me, but I've been out of car culture for atleast 10yrs and it used to be guys helping one another. Now it seems quite the opposite.
                    Agreed that prices of used parts have gone up. Supply/demand definitely have an effect as we have very few E30s in junkyards up here.

Not all is lost however.
                    When my car was rear-ended local folks were quick to offer up parts that I needed.

Two straight up gave me parts for free, including a rear quarter panel cut and taillights.
                    Can't ask for much better then that.

Comment

Working...
                    X