Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet! oh and i may be up in longmont/boulder at the end of the month if any of you guys will be around
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Your welcome let me know if you need anything else

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
        sweet! oh and i may be up in longmont/boulder at the end of the month if any of you guys will be around
        I'll be around as I live in Boulder. lol I'm sure we can arrange some sort of get together.
        89 325i (Sold)
        95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
        2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
          Ordered a Z3 steering rack.
          Best. E36. Mod. Ever.
          Chris
          97 M3
          01 325
          Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Hmmm, lemme know what you find Sam. Did it stop working altogether? Cause you knew the noise was there going into it.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
            Originally posted by DTM190
            "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Best. E36. Mod. Ever.
              Seriously? That much of a difference?
              89 325i (Sold)
              95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
              2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Once you all start switching your racks out, I will take a M3 one :)

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
                  For a track car? Definitely. I could run all of PMP without taking my hands off 9 & 3. Big change from the shuffle-steering with the stock wheel/rack.

Driving down the highway it is noticeably more nervous on-center, but overall not too bad. It's really nice having fresh tie-rods up front too, all the play is gone from the front end.

My M3 rack was blown up, and there was almost a $200 core refund for returning it.
                  Chris
                  97 M3
                  01 325
                  Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

As do I.

Case in point: I aligned my car yesterday. All 4 wheels. :-)
                    OH SNAP.

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                    why would E36s be easier to work on? they are newer, bigger, and more complicated in every aspect. I mean, E36s aren't HARD to work on, but my E30 318is is pretty dang simple.
                    E36s are designed to be serviceable, and aren't rusting shitpiles. Try doing rear brake lines on an E36, then on an E30. Same for slave cylinder, springs, front struts, etc. Everything is easier on the E36. Being bigger means more space for bigger hands and tools. More complicated? not by much. they are very basic, and extremely serviceable. If I had to choose one car that I had to own and maintain for the rest of my life, it would be an E36.

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                    SCORE!!

My wife alerted me of a particularly interesting yard sale this morning, Apparently this lady's husband had died and he was an auto mechanic and she was selling ALL his tools it was awesome. I got a buffer, a cutting wheel/angle grinder, a pneumatic cutoff wheel, two jack stands, gear wrenches, standard wrenches, soldering iron, 12V tester, air nozzle, tool cart, and TONS of other crap, all for $60.
                    Nice

Best. E36. Mod. Ever.
                    Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
                    For a track car? Definitely. I could run all of PMP without taking my hands off 9 & 3. Big change from the shuffle-steering with the stock wheel/rack.

Driving down the highway it is noticeably more nervous on-center, but overall not too bad. It's really nice having fresh tie-rods up front too, all the play is gone from the front end.

My M3 rack was blown up, and there was almost a $200 core refund for returning it.
                    I like it a lot, even on my street car.

Who'd you order from Chris?

Comment

Maval/WorldPac.
                      Chris
                      97 M3
                      01 325
                      Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                        Hmmm, lemme know what you find Sam. Did it stop working altogether? Cause you knew the noise was there going into it.
                        naw it works fine, the noise has just steadily gotten worse and worse until finally I had to start wearing earplugs.

I think it is just bearings, because putting in thicker oil w/ lucas stabilizer made no difference whatsoever, so it is probably not the gears.

Either, way, i'm gonna pull it apart and fix it, no sense in letting another 4.10 LSD go to the wayside.

Comment

Maval/WorldPac.
                          Let me know how long the seals last...

Comment

Anyone heading up I70 anytime soon? I am trying to buy a rear ski pass seat in Gypsum from "bcausey" but I am leaving on a trip on Thursday. Too busy with work and packing to get up there in the next two days. If anyone has spare room for a rear E30 seat let me know :) Long shot, I know.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

hey fellas, i need some sport seats right stat now. i have cash in hand. let me know what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by ELONZOOOO View Post
                                hey fellas, i need some sport seats right stat now. i have cash in hand. let me know what you have.
                                dude.... http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=207228

except there is a pending buyer who is supposed to be forking over the cash after 5pm today. I have all this crap crammed in my E30 right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X