This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L-ucky-S-ix View Post
    Have you considered asking Schipkov(spelling aha) for some tips?
    I did reach out to him about two years ago, but have not since then. My DSP build is going painfully slow. Just got done funding a wedding and honeymoon and now a new house. So, as much as I would love to do what everyone says to (tips from Alex), I have to spread out the funds way more than I want.

1989 325i Alpine White
    69 STX

Comment

Originally posted by tschultz View Post
      Or even better, an HPR meetup. You get more seat time per dollar than you do at Unser!
      How do you figure?

You could probably race all day at Unser for less than an open lapping day at HPR when you factor in all the costs.

Comment

Unser on Wednesdays were the bomb diggity during the summer. $50 or $60 bought you all-you-can-drive from like 6p to close. Got 8 races in one night. Seemed worth the $$ lol.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
        Originally posted by DTM190
        "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary to convert an SOHC engine to a DOHC engine with the constraint of a modest budget, one might find it unreasonable to spend $600 on new pistons. Especially when you can modify the factory pistons for less than $100. My pistons are now "relieved" (because they won't get slapped by a valve, har har har) with new reliefs. :thumbs:

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
          Unser on Wednesdays were the bomb diggity during the summer. $50 or $60 bought you all-you-can-drive from like 6p to close. Got 8 races in one night. Seemed worth the $$ lol.
          le wild Ben appears.

Comment

Open lapping means you also get to go to open lapping customer appreciation for free!
            A second lapping day for $100 total. Pretty good deal IMO. :hitler:
            http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

Originally posted by tschultz View Post
              Open lapping means you also get to go to open lapping customer appreciation for free!
              A second lapping day for $100 total. Pretty good deal IMO. :hitler:
              Still, the cost of gas, brakes, tires, other wear and tear, and extra time spent in transit, etc... adds up really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                Still, the cost of gas, brakes, tires, other wear and tear, and extra time spent in transit, etc... adds up really fast.
                I guess if those worries override your fun factor than its best not to go...

Comment

Originally posted by S14pwrdE30 View Post
                  I guess if those worries override your fun factor than its best not to go...
                  The debate wasn't about fun factor, just $/seat time. ;)

Comment

I'll be out at HPR this Sunday running an E30, so feel free to come on down and say "Hi." A couple coworkers will be out in their E36's as well (and one in a Saturn Ion...)

Alpine II 318is

Comment

Originally posted by flying_violin View Post
                      I'll be out at HPR this Sunday running an E30, so feel free to come on down and say "Hi." A couple coworkers will be out in their E36's as well (and one in a Saturn Ion...)
                      Looks like we will have a small crowd, my e30 and Jaguar should be there.

Comment

jealous. gotta go out of town sunday for work
                        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
                          The debate wasn't about fun factor, just $/seat time. ;)
                          Both seem to be pretty good deals.

Comment

I should be at HPR on the 10th. I will be in the VW per the usual.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

I'm in at HPR for the 16th. There is no way I can get away with a day at HPR for cheaper than a day at Unser. Of course I'm ready to throw up and take a nap after 4 sessions at Unser!
                              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I might show up to spectate tomorrow!! Take pictures
                                sigpic
                                HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                                " enjoy the show "

Comment

Working...
                                X