Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
    Protips.. I need them.

When painting a block, what's the best way to mask freezeplugs? Are they worth masking or do most of you just paint over them?
    This may sound retarded but I paint everything.. I dip a rag in paint thinner and just remove the paint from the freeze plugs. It may take a few swipes but it works well.

#redneck
    Last edited by Cronopoulos; 01-06-2013, 04:02 PM.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

That's what I'll end up doing. Best solution i've hear/thought of all day.
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
        That's what I'll end up doing. Best solution i've hear/thought of all day.
        Sweet haha

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

Remove freeze plugs. Paint block. Install NEW freeze plugs. Freeze plugs are cheap. Just replace them.
          -Andy

Comment

Originally posted by dashboardmonkey View Post
            Remove freeze plugs. Paint block. Install NEW freeze plugs. Freeze plugs are cheap. Just replace them.
            We have a winner....

This is what I did on my 1600 block. It looked purdy.
            "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

I just installed mine though :p

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

Fucking bitch clip...y u do dis
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

New seats acquired.. going to take some work to make them fit.

Comment

The heat shield on my catalytic converter came loose and was rattling and driving me crazy. So, I helped it the rest of the way off. How important is that shield? Am I at risk for my car catching fire?
                    -Andy

Comment

The heat shield on my catalytic converter came loose and was rattling and driving me crazy. So, I helped it the rest of the way off. How important is that shield? Am I at risk for my car catching fire?
                      You still have a cat???

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
                      sigpic

Comment

"What is a cat", for $1200, Alex.
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Yeah, not sure why though. Back to the exhaust shop to have it removed I suppose.

Removing the cat is gonna make my straight pipe even louder now. hehehehe
                          -Andy

Comment

Holy shit it's hard work to slang a garage full of parts. My phone, email and IMs blew the fuck up. Vultures!

I'll be glad to have the E21 stuff cleared out, and start working on piling up a crap ton of E28 stuff.

Comment

So, who else is gonna bail on me this week? Lolol
                              -Andy

Comment

Jail time for straight pipes up there? lolz, ill bail you out though!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

Working...
                                X