Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Where should I get my 'is' lip painted in alpinewhite? in Seattle
    Alpinewhite 318i

    Comment


      I would have jacked out the dent, sanded it. And rattle canned the area and rocked it till i could get a respray. That thing was clean.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

      Comment


        M20 Gurus...

        It was my understanding that iX and iS heads were all 885 heads. No difference at all.

        Just had a coworker tell me they are different. Gonna cross reference part numbers but curious if anyone can verify this from experience?!
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

        Comment


          All m20 I motors used head 1705885.
          Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
          503.967.3800
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

          Comment


            Originally posted by kid325e View Post
            M20 Gurus...

            It was my understanding that iX and iS heads were all 885 heads. No difference at all.

            Just had a coworker tell me they are different. Gonna cross reference part numbers but curious if anyone can verify this from experience?!
            Read nandos build thread :thumbup:

            Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
            sigpic

            Comment


              Originally posted by kid325e View Post
              M20 Gurus...

              It was my understanding that iX and iS heads were all 885 heads. No difference at all.

              Just had a coworker tell me they are different. Gonna cross reference part numbers but curious if anyone can verify this from experience?!
              The blocks are different.

              Comment


                Yup! Just needed the second opinion. Also called BMW Seattle and they verified it as well. The show goes on.
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

                Comment


                  Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                  I thought you ran your 900T?

                  Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

                  No I ran the M3 last time. 160whp, not bad for a stock motor with 200k miles and no rebuild.


                  I'd run the vert, but I wouldn't want to make the e92 M3 guys feel bad
                  '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Silvertip View Post
                    Where should I get my 'is' lip painted in alpinewhite? in Seattle
                    Any paint shop should be able to match

                    1987 Alpinwei├č 325is

                    Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

                    Comment


                      Needed a new company car, so we decided to pickup a 2006 X5 4.8is to take clients around in, my god I didn't realize how fast those things were.

                      And I thought the 4.6is I drove several years ago was quick...

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                        Needed a new company car, so we decided to pickup a 2006 X5 4.8is to take clients around in, my god I didn't realize how fast those things were.

                        And I thought the 4.6is I drove several years ago was quick...
                        Sounds like a hell of a company car!
                        Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                        503.967.3800
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                        Comment


                          Anybody wanna meet up in Olympia or Tacoma tomorrow and get a burger or something? let me know

                          Comment


                            Full Ground Control coilovers with corner balance and alignment are on the car among with a few other things thanks to Rhom Innovations.
                            1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

                            Comment



                              bump this in the vert.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by ZoomZoomBoom View Post
                                Full Ground Control coilovers with corner balance and alignment are on the car among with a few other things thanks to Rhom Innovations.
                                Looks great, Greg!
                                Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                                503.967.3800
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X