No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trans is back in. Buttoning it up tomorrow :) :) :)
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
      Trans is back in. Buttoning it up tomorrow :) :) :)
      congrats!
      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

^^ Thanks d00d!

Comment

Nice man!
          Speaking of trans, im on the hunt for a good one if anyone has one.
          sigpic

Comment

Finn-what parts did you have replaced on your tranny?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith M View Post
              Finn-what parts did you have replaced on your tranny?
              Actually, really nothing, to be honest. Some seals, bushings and a shifting tube. O'Hara pulled it all apart and said that the synchros were great, the shift forks were great, the gears were great.

The problem was being stuck in 3rd gear. Apparently, when you disassemble the trans, you have to get it in neutral. Well, what my problem was, was a little pin that connects to the internal selector rod which selects each gear. The pin somehow bounced and got stuck sideways in the grooves of the rod and wouldn't allow me to change gears. When O'Hara opened the trans, he released the little spring that holds that pin in place and thought nothing of it. Once he screwed around with it for a while, he realized what must've happened.

Comment

Anyone here ever used Zimmerman rotors? Any good or bad things to say?

Comment

Speaking of trans, im on the hunt for a good one if anyone has one.
                  Check Darcelle's
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    Check Darcelle's
                    those trannys have different types of shafts lol
                    sigpic

Comment

i had their cross drilleds on my e36. they cracked in less than 90 days. i had a web of mini cracks in between the holes. ill never run them again.

theres been a long standing group buy over on bimmerforums (in the group buy section, not e30 specific) for brembo rotors. i think i got a set of slotted fronts and slotted rears with pbr pads front and rear for under $400. best brakes ive ever used.

if i was going to do it again id go with full face front and rear with Hawk HPS's.

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                        i had their cross drilleds on my e36. they cracked in less than 90 days. i had a web of mini cracks in between the holes. ill never run them again.

theres been a long standing group buy over on bimmerforums (in the group buy section, not e30 specific) for brembo rotors. i think i got a set of slotted fronts and slotted rears with pbr pads front and rear for under $400. best brakes ive ever used.

if i was going to do it again id go with full face front and rear with Hawk HPS's.
                        Thanks for the input! Guess I'll stay away. I ask because there's a cheap set NIB on Craigslist I was thinking about buying, but hadn't heard people say anything about 'em.

Comment

lol the e30 of mine ran outta gas in the student parking lot.. thank god.

fml

But the brake bleeding went good!

Comment

I put Balos on my car.. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

Higher quality than Brembo IMO

Comment

Never heard of Balo. I wouldn't waste my time dude. You've got to pay to play. We drive BMWs not geos!

Brembo and Zimmerman are the big names for a reason. You simply can't go wrong with OEM most of the time. Ill spend the extra to get OEM. My coworkers are the worst of purists.

Running your gas tank dry is a good way to ruin your fuel pump. I just replaced mine. 238.00 for a new Bosch one with my discount. Just food for Thought.
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Ran Balo' and Brembo's on my ex's 328 race car for years. Never noticed a difference between the two.

Comment

Working...
                                X