No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask around the Pro-3 guys, they pretty much run what ever they can get a good deal on...

I think it's been mentioned before, but the stock system was designed for the Autobahn, so if the parts meet stock spec's, they should be good. One beneficial thing you could do though to improve the performance of even the cheapest rotors, is cooling. If you don't have a cooling duct stock, fabricate a way to get cool air to the rotor.
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I just replaced my rotors with Centric standard rotors a few weeks ago and I'm very pleased. I chose them after Googling and reading several reviews (example, example 2) from E30 owners and otherwise. They were less than $20 each on partsgeek, and if you want something nicer their premium rotors are very well reviewed and less than $30. The premiums are said to be identical to the Zimmermans and are the same manufacturer as StopTech.
      balticblau-metallic '84 318i 5spd 3.91 LSD

Comment

I used Brembo rotors on the M3 (as well as the most recent brake job I did on 3 other family member's cars). Never had a problem.
        '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
          Never heard of Balo. I wouldn't waste my time dude. You've got to pay to play. We drive BMWs not geos!

Brembo and Zimmerman are the big names for a reason. You simply can't go wrong with OEM most of the time. Ill spend the extra to get OEM. My coworkers are the worst of purists.

Running your gas tank dry is a good way to ruin your fuel pump. I just replaced mine. 238.00 for a new Bosch one with my discount. Just food for Thought.
          Lol it was an accident. But yeah I didn't really think about that.

Comment

And Balo is cheaper than Brembo by $10 each per front rotor.

Balo is a proper german manufacturing company, and the rotors I received were HIGH quality. Much higher than the rear brembo's I got, which were poorly pakcaged, missing a screw, and also had knicks on the back of one of them

Comment

Yes dude, Brembo brake are crap. Lol

Comment

They aren't crap.. but as far as price Balo is the same, IMO better and cheaper

You never hear of Balo because they are just a company that manufactures OEM parts for BMW, Mercedes, etc. They dont need to spend money on advertising
                Last edited by 5Toes; 09-22-2011, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Hush. I heard of them for the last 25 years. They are well known for aftermarket brake systems. There is even a bbk from Brembo available for my Frontier.

Comment

Lol I meant you never hear of Balo. My bad. Here is some pics of my Balo's.. $35 each

Comment

So, I removed all the bolts for my front subframe to get the top bell housing bolts in. Trying to bolt it back up and it won't go. It seems like it gets stuck and catches on something and it won't go past a certain point. Anyone else experienced this before? 24v swap car, BTW.
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

^^ Nevermind. Car is almost finished. Bolting exhaust on now. Crossing fingers that everything is all good.

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                          Brembo and Zimmerman are the big names for a reason. You simply can't go wrong with OEM most of the time. Ill spend the extra to get OEM.
                          So you've never had a problem with Zimmerman? I might just pick these rotors up since they're so cheap.

Comment

How much are these zimmermans?

Because $130 is all 4 brand new OEM ones

Comment

$40 for the rears. BNIB.

Comment

Well rears are sort of worthless to have crossdrilled.

Comment

Working...
                                X