Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by E30 Memorial View Post
    I have this http://www.peakeresearch.com/fcx3.htm
    I'm in the Wallingford/Greenlake neighborhood, you're welcome to stop by and use it.
    Do you have the 20-pin diagnostic plug for it? I'll bring a sixer of your favorite...
    -Peter G
    '86 MTech1 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
    '91 318is slicktop project
    '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
    '08 E91 328xi 6spd
    '00 Tundra

    Comment


      Originally posted by Austin! View Post
      I saw that on CL. Someone got a deal.
      Yeah, $120, I passed on the clusters, no need for them. He's looking to get rid of them still if someone has a use for a Km/h speedo and a giant clock-o-doom.

      Gotta decide how I want to wire up the lights now, leaning towards retrofitting the US sockets into the european fixtures, like here:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=305105
      anyone know a better way? I'd like to keep the clearance lights to go with my city lights.....
      Dumpster Fire Pilot

      Comment


        Originally posted by Habla View Post
        Do you have the 20-pin diagnostic plug for it? I'll bring a sixer of your favorite...
        Yes, Cheuk will be at my place today around 4:30 using it. You're welcome also, or another time if that works better for you.
        Steve
        '89 332i
        '90 M3
        '01 530is
        '12 MCS BW
        '15 RAM 3500

        Comment


          Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
          I kind of want an E36 M3 for a DD....what is wrong with me.....
          E36's are probably bottoming out on value right about now; not a bad time to buy if you can get a good one and keep it up.

          On a separate note, my E30s battery died. $160 to replace on a car that I only get to see a handful of times per year :-/
          Alpha Team Inductee

          2014 Icon E-Flyer
          2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
          2010 Buell XB9SX
          2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
          1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
          1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
          1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
          2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
          2002 Mazda Miata LS

          Comment


            Originally posted by E30 Memorial View Post
            Yes, Cheuk will be at my place today around 4:30 using it. You're welcome also, or another time if that works better for you.
            Thanks! Pmed for address...
            -Peter G
            '86 MTech1 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
            '91 318is slicktop project
            '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
            '08 E91 328xi 6spd
            '00 Tundra

            Comment


              Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
              E36's are probably bottoming out on value right about now; not a bad time to buy if you can get a good one and keep it up.

              On a separate note, my E30s battery died. $160 to replace on a car that I only get to see a handful of times per year :-/
              Nah man, 5 years ago you could get one for $4-6k. They've started to climb since then.

              Comment


                yea I have been looking around, and those bottom dollar days seem to be gone.

                A ton of E46 M3 with SMGs are being unloaded, I would be scared to own an SMG car.
                sigpic

                Comment


                  Look what came to me today.. Too bad I didn't get to take them out of the box. I am so ready for my car to not be a turd anymore!
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic
                  1990 Brilliantrot 325i (Always a project)
                  2015 Alpine 320xi (Daily)

                  Comment


                    Never go to Cancun with people that don't party. I have spent my nights watching Mad Men and Game of Thrones while drinking burbon instead of going out to talk with anyone of the fairer sex. The right people to travel with is absolutely key.

                    Also, I miss you so much, my dear Pacific NW. I hope that I can make it to the picnic this year.
                    Alpha Team Inductee

                    2014 Icon E-Flyer
                    2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                    2010 Buell XB9SX
                    2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                    1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                    1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                    1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                    2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                    2002 Mazda Miata LS

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                      Yeah, $120, I passed on the clusters, no need for them. He's looking to get rid of them still if someone has a use for a Km/h speedo and a giant clock-o-doom.

                      Gotta decide how I want to wire up the lights now, leaning towards retrofitting the US sockets into the european fixtures, like here:
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=305105
                      anyone know a better way? I'd like to keep the clearance lights to go with my city lights.....
                      Super easy. Take the US turn signal connector and break it, take your two spade connectors out of it (one for ground and one for turn signals) and install. Voila.
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                      Comment


                        i got euro trim. i'm just removing those side blinker lights completely....
                        My Build Thread

                        My Transaction Feedback

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                          Never go to Cancun with people that don't party. I have spent my nights watching Mad Men and Game of Thrones while drinking burbon instead of going out to talk with anyone of the fairer sex. The right people to travel with is absolutely key.

                          Also, I miss you so much, my dear Pacific NW. I hope that I can make it to the picnic this year.
                          Sounds like you need a little alpha team in your life. You better be up for the picnic, it won't be the same without the death machine.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                            Super easy. Take the US turn signal connector and break it, take your two spade connectors out of it (one for ground and one for turn signals) and install. Voila.
                            thats one of the things I was thinking of doing, although I'd like to have the parking lights to go with the city lights in the smileys. I don't want to cut up the euro stuff, but I dont wanna hack up the stock stuff either. It's the fuel pump connector that is the same as the euro turns right?

                            Also, Happy 1900 pages!
                            Last edited by delamaize; 04-22-2014, 09:54 PM.
                            Dumpster Fire Pilot

                            Comment


                              The best way is to graft the us socket onto the euro housing. I plastic welded it...
                              -Peter G
                              '86 MTech1 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                              '91 318is slicktop project
                              '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                              '08 E91 328xi 6spd
                              '00 Tundra

                              Comment


                                I broke something again. I think it's csb again, could be half shaft or U joint. The car car vibrates upon take off now.

                                Anybody make a performance csb? I've broke 3 in the last year in a half.

                                I may rape my car but that shit should last more than 6 months on a stock eta.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X