Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
    Memorial day weekend traveling

Anyone have experience driving south along I5 from Seattle to Northern Cali on memorial day weekend?
    How shitty of traffic should I expect?

My current plan is to leave early (5am) on Saturday.
    Probably really fucking shitty. Memorial Day seems to bring out all the dip shits.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
      Memorial day weekend traveling

Anyone have experience driving south along I5 from Seattle to Northern Cali on memorial day weekend?
      How shitty of traffic should I expect?

My current plan is to leave early (5am) on Saturday.
      The only places you will experience traffic of any sort on that long drive is getting out of Seattle, and in Portland. Once you've passed Portland it will be a boring drive for the next 600 miles. Coming back will be a bitch though from Portland all the way home. Thats assuming you will be driving back on either sunday or monday.

Should take you 12-15 hours depending on how fast you go and how many stops you make.

Leaving that early is a good idea, you might miss all of the traffic and will arrive at a decent time.

Where you heading?
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I kind of want an E36 M3 for a DD....what is wrong with me.....
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
          Nothing. They're great do-everything cars.

Comment

Originally posted by cg138 View Post
            Does anyone in the Seattle area have a Peake Reader (16 pin version) that I can borrow/come by and use to pull some codes?
            I have this http://www.peakeresearch.com/fcx3.htm
            I'm in the Wallingford/Greenlake neighborhood, you're welcome to stop by and use it.
            Steve
            '89 332i
            '90 M3
            '01 530is
            '12 MCS BW
            '15 RAM 3500

Comment

I miss my e36. They get a bad rap, but they're good cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                The only places you will experience traffic of any sort on that long drive is getting out of Seattle, and in Portland. Once you've passed Portland it will be a boring drive for the next 600 miles. Coming back will be a bitch though from Portland all the way home. Thats assuming you will be driving back on either sunday or monday.

Should take you 12-15 hours depending on how fast you go and how many stops you make.

Leaving that early is a good idea, you might miss all of the traffic and will arrive at a decent time.

Where you heading?
                Heading to Lake Shasta. I'll be coming back Wednesday so I doubt that will be an issue. Normally takes me about 9hrs to make the drive.
                m106 1990 e30
                e36 daily
                e32 cruiser

Comment

The M3 is a good car, as they bother to take the time to build it, and reinforce it properly.

If you are thinking daily, an M car isn't the best choice. Buy one for a weekend track car. Daily means cheap, easy to fix, gets good MPG, and can get beat up without you caring much. It's liberating not to daily drive a car you care about that much. Think VW, Honda, Toyota. Or if the wallet can support it, a new 2014 320i.

The M would ultimately turn into another project.

Comment

The E36 M3 is literally the cheapest M car to own and maintain. Hardly any different than the E36 325i.

Comment

always a great way to start the day

My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

i'd love to have an e46 m3 for a daily driver. with the real manual transmission.
                        My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

I wouldn't. lol

Comment

they're not super different from an e30 mechanically.. and it's a newer car that's a lot of fun. They're not very efficient though (I struggle to get mine to 25mpg.. it's usually below 20), and I don't know how comfortable a stock one is because I bought mine with Bilstein Sports and aftermarket seats. The car puts a smile on my face every time I get in it though... not a bad thing.
                            -Joel-
                            PNWfahren Regional Car Enthusiast Community - my photos
                            1995 M3 || 2009 VW SportWagen TDI || 2004 530i sport

Comment

so I'm just bragging, but this happened today:

got a good deal on the euro bumper, with mounts, I was missing the carrage bolts to attach the sides, but a trip to home depot fixed that for now, I am short a few parts though, I need a left side trim, and a source for plugs for the turn signals, and is their any tricks to wiring them up?
                              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

I saw that on CL. Someone got a deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X