No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are correct. I went back out to put in my new switches. Its still to cold.
    Originally posted by Sonny
    I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
      IIRC, the 5 speed manual out of an M20 should work just fine, yeah? 5 speed swaps are not *that* hard to do...

For the IX model it get's slightly more complicated. You need the specific transmission, transfer case, & from the research I have seen thus far, suggests getting both IX specific front and rear diff. The transmission/transfer case are the biggest issues and most expensive. Could run into the $2k range for the swap, but I wouldn't mind doing it myself.

Car is listed for $3300, but PO said they take $3k & it has rebuilt head along with $3k into rebuilt auto transmission. Thinking I should probably make a push and just bust my ass this winter finding parts and getting the car up to par for a summer swap.

Originally posted by Mullet Bullet View Post
      was, IS still cold
      I am wearing my North Face Jacket inside the house, way too early to be using heat.
      Last edited by HarukoE30; 11-19-2011, 02:30 PM. Reason: edit
      Originally posted by James Crivellone
      1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post

I am wearing my North Face Jacket inside the house, way too early to be using heat.
        I basically work outside for a living, I'm wearing thermal socks, work boots, top and bottom long johns, another t shirt, work shirt work pants, work coat, and gloves. Still freaking cold.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
        That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

FFFFFUUUUUU

E30 wouldn't start this morning. It was in neutral and I turned the key to crank it... thens topped after half a second because it wasn't in park.

Then in park it wont crank. Like you turn the key and hear nothing. Very strange. I cycle through all the gears and try again, no luck.

The battery read 12.3 volts so it is getting charged now.

I need to check if the starter is getting power... ugh. WHat about the transmission sensor?

Comment

That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Thats no help

Comment

You have a 5 speed right?
                Judging by your pic, you have a late model, those dont have trans sensors.
                The sensor is on the front of the crank.
                even if that sensor was bad, it would still turn over.
                check your grounds.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mullet Bullet View Post
                  I basically work outside for a living, I'm wearing thermal socks, work boots, top and bottom long johns, another t shirt, work shirt work pants, work coat, and gloves. Still freaking cold.
                  Any wind chill up north? I am in Salem so it's off/on rain & I am inside the house ;)
                  Originally posted by James Crivellone
                  1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

No I have an auto....

Starter wont click... I jumped diag connectors pins 11 and 14 and the thing is getting power (test light confirmed)

yippee

Comment

Do you have fuel
                      Originally posted by Sonny
                      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                        No I have an auto....

Starter wont click... I jumped diag connectors pins 11 and 14 and the thing is getting power (test light confirmed)

yippee
                        Sounds like you need a neutral safety switch. It prevents the car from being started in any other gear then "P" or "N."
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

^
                          this
                          Also when people convert to 5 speed, that switch comes undone.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thats no help
                            it was if you think about it

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                            Any wind chill up north? I am in Salem so it's off/on rain & I am inside the house ;)
                            oh yea, today wasn't as bad since we didn't have real bad wind or snow falling like yesterday but its still colder then a witch's titty in a brass bra.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                              Do you have fuel
                              doesn't matter. Starter wont even "click"

And Mickeyfinn... I jumped pins on the diag connector that are supposed to bypass that switch.

It still sat and did nothing when I jumped those pins

Comment

doesn't matter. Starter wont even "click"

And Mickeyfinn... I jumped pins on the diag connector that are supposed to bypass that switch.

It still sat and did nothing when I jumped those pins
                                Ahhh. Didn't see that part. However, I still think it's the neutral safety switch. That happened a few times in my E28. I (absent-mindedly) parked it in "D" and went to go start it later and got nothing. No clicks, etc. Bumped it to "N" and she started right up.

If you're sure that jumping those pins really bypasses that switch, then it sounds like it's time to start checking relays.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X