Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
    Hanging out with Josh, Matt and Victor. I'm changing out my blower motor and watching Josh do wiring for his swap. Life's good.
    built not bought

    Comment


      Abe, what part of town do you all live. If you all have another wrenching session, I could swing by and bore you all with some tales of yore...
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

      Comment


        Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
        But from a parents view point letting your child go out and work underneath a car in the wet and cold while its dark out isn't a good idea.
        Yet I want the thing off so I can bench test it and atleast be driving to school Wednesday after I order parts.

        Comment


          i hate youtube. i sit and watch a couple turbo M20's and now im searching for parts to build the turbo system for my car. FML


          Originally posted by nwvb bmw
          That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

          Comment


            Think I might buy this if my starter is indeed at fault (and not the wiring)

            http://parts.bmwofsouthatlanta.com/p...411721297.html

            According to that youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbDeq9fi7Ak) it is the contact points within the starter that foten go wrong... not the starter motor or solenoid itself.

            Comment


              the contacts get burnt and corroded so if you replace them and clean everything then yes, its a ghetto rebuild which ive done on the side of the road at a gas station before to get my car started.



              side note, anyone swap M50 injectors into their stock M20 and notice any difference at all with how it runs, smoother at idle or at WOT, MPG's, etc. im going to be tearing into my car to change the pan gasket, E36 rack swap, and a few other things and just figured they are cheap enough and if they do anything cool, if not they will stay out until i get a chip to accompany them.


              Originally posted by nwvb bmw
              That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

              Comment


                How bad would it be if I bought jdm wheels for my e30? social suicide maybe?

                89 Sedan

                Comment


                  ^ umm no

                  Lots of JDM wheels look great

                  Comment


                    ok good to know. I don't want r3v people to shun me lol. because I'm about to get XXR 521 matte black and slam them

                    89 Sedan

                    Comment


                      those are NOT JDM wheels. more like CDM.


                      Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                      That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                        Abe, what part of town do you all live. If you all have another wrenching session, I could swing by and bore you all with some tales of yore...
                        im matt, in that quote.

                        and we make birth in vancouver WA, or the 360 as we call it

                        more specifically hazel dell


                        Please leave feedback below, thanks

                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                          Abe, what part of town do you all live. If you all have another wrenching session, I could swing by and bore you all with some tales of yore...

                          Well it was cool you coming out today.
                          Did you ever go skiing today?
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                            For the IX model it get's slightly more complicated. You need the specific transmission, transfer case, & from the research I have seen thus far, suggests getting both IX specific front and rear diff.
                            If you get serious about picking that car up I have an iX specific G260 for sale that was in perfect working order when removed from the car. I also have a front diff out of the manual car, and a bunch of suspension parts should you be in the market.

                            Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
                            Hanging out with Josh, Matt and Victor. I'm changing out my blower motor and watching Josh do wiring for his swap. Life's good.
                            Nice seeing you gents ;)

                            Originally posted by Mullet Bullet View Post
                            those are NOT JDM wheels. more like CDM.

                            Correct. XXR is crap


                            Bahama Beige E23 Project
                            Bluebird Bus Conversion
                            New Oregon Trail

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Mullet Bullet View Post
                              the contacts get burnt and corroded so if you replace them and clean everything then yes, its a ghetto rebuild which ive done on the side of the road at a gas station before to get my car started.



                              side note, anyone swap M50 injectors into their stock M20 and notice any difference at all with how it runs, smoother at idle or at WOT, MPG's, etc. im going to be tearing into my car to change the pan gasket, E36 rack swap, and a few other things and just figured they are cheap enough and if they do anything cool, if not they will stay out until i get a chip to accompany them.
                              It might do the exact opposite of what your hoping if they are bigger injectors.
                              Originally posted by Sonny
                              I am a meme for our community.

                              Comment


                                hey dudes.
                                Finally got the motor back in yesterday and i'll be putting the car back on the road today.
                                Anyone that wants to help would be great. The car is in orchards, Wa.
                                Call me if you're down to wrench. 360 334 1957

                                Saw Matt-b on 500 yesterday, what the hell you been up to dude?
                                sigpic
                                Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X