Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
    Thoughts on these wheels? looking into cheap replacements for the basketweaves so i can get more rubber in the back.

    They're OK but you can do better.
    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

    Comment


      Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
      they look cool but i'm guessing they're boat anchors
      you're probably right...

      Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
      They're OK but you can do better.
      hmmm looking for something functional, decently cheap, and lightweight. I keep coming back to the TR Motorsport wheels for those reasons mentioned above. But i feel like theres something better out there.
      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler


      Originally posted by IronJoe
      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

      Originally posted by 2mAn
      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

      Comment


        Those are way to gaudy for my taste.

        I can't complain about my TR Motorsports, nice and simple design.

        I really dig Ronal LS. Although I think they are only 15x6.5 versus 16x7 for TR or even euroweaves.
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=382572

        Comment


          Last edited by BraveUlysses; 03-31-2016, 03:15 PM.

          Comment


            I think TR Motorsport is a great option for these cars. They look purposeful.

            Other good options:
            Kosei K4R, 15x8", 13.1lbs - $149
            Kosei K5R, 15x8", 13.5lbs - $109
            Kosei K6R, 15x8", 14.5lbs - $89
            Kosei K8R, 15x8", 13.0lbs - $138

            Daniel
            1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
            2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

            Comment


              TRMs are great for that all function method. They look reasonable but are pretty much ideal offset and width.

              You could always dig up a set of hartges out of someones dust garage boxes like I did :P

              I've been eyeing up ebay and have gotten suprised at how low the prices are on some nicer sets of wheels. Lots of 15/16x8 OZ designs for only 600-1000 or so.

              I also like some of ESM's new options for cheaper wheels, but I question their quality.

              Or Apex ARC's for some 235s and no sidewall flex ha.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

              Comment


                what size are you looking for bradski?
                Simon
                Current Car:
                -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                Make R3V Great Again -2020

                Comment


                  Nee clutch has been ordered today, along with new calipers, rotors, pads, wear sensors, front and rear sway bars with poly bushings, end links, short shifter and DSSR, steel braided brake lines and clutch line, along with delrin shifter, clutch, and brake pedal bushings. I still have to order the front subframe reinforcement stuff from garagistic, pick up springs and struts, and tie rods
                  Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
                  Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
                  1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
                  1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
                  2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

                  IG: mitsugal_jenni

                  Comment


                    Brad! Spotted!! Nice m3! Sounds great. That's an awesome pickup you made with that one
                    Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
                    Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
                    1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
                    1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
                    2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

                    IG: mitsugal_jenni

                    Comment


                      I've still got some style 10's if be willing to bargain on..

                      Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
                      1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                      2006 BMW X3
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                      Comment


                        Style 10s are only 1in bigger then weaves tho.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

                        Comment



                          Apex! I still can't believe how damn light they are...
                          - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
                          @vaughnbannister on IG

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by hankolerd View Post
                            I think TR Motorsport is a great option for these cars. They look purposeful.

                            Other good options:
                            Kosei K4R, 15x8", 13.1lbs - $149
                            Kosei K5R, 15x8", 13.5lbs - $109
                            Kosei K6R, 15x8", 14.5lbs - $89
                            Kosei K8R, 15x8", 13.0lbs - $138
                            Nice! Thanks Daniel, I'll look into those.

                            Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                            TRMs are great for that all function method. They look reasonable but are pretty much ideal offset and width.

                            You could always dig up a set of hartges out of someones dust garage boxes like I did :P

                            I've been eyeing up ebay and have gotten suprised at how low the prices are on some nicer sets of wheels. Lots of 15/16x8 OZ designs for only 600-1000 or so.

                            I also like some of ESM's new options for cheaper wheels, but I question their quality.

                            Or Apex ARC's for some 235s and no sidewall flex ha.
                            Yup I agree totally. TRM's are super functional. They look pretty decent as well, but still not enough to make me spend money lol.

                            Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            what size are you looking for bradski?
                            Ideally 16x8. 16s are perfect on e30s.

                            Originally posted by car_gal_jenni View Post
                            Brad! Spotted!! Nice m3! Sounds great. That's an awesome pickup you made with that one
                            Hahah thank you! I saw two supras today! First one I thought was you and the BF. I waved to the guy and I was totally wrong!! HAHAHAHA! Second time was a charm I guess! And you can hear the M3?! It's so damn quiet, I guess I'm so used to the E30!


                            KILL STORY: took the E30 out for the first time In a week and did some night time cruising. A buddy of mine spotted me in his STI swapped GC8 and proceeded to drop second gear. Let's just say he was thoroughly embarrassed by Blythe the BMW lol....and now my pursuit for LTW begins lolol
                            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler


                            Originally posted by IronJoe
                            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

                            Originally posted by 2mAn
                            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

                            Comment


                              http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-WHE...VW~dfu&vxp=mtr

                              Hurry up and do it bradley, you know you want too :P
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                                http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-WHE...VW~dfu&vxp=mtr

                                Hurry up and do it bradley, you know you want too :P
                                I got so excited there for a second!! I saw the 16 and 4x100, and thought that maybe they were the splits. I was gonna jump on them if they were... Haha. But nope, they're the monoblock ones. Damn.[emoji14]
                                Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
                                Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
                                1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
                                1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
                                2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

                                IG: mitsugal_jenni

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X