Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by UgkNW* View Post
    Yup that's what I thought. I can't even get one thread to catch. So What do you think about sanding/filing down the taper on the joint so it'll fit. That or return em but I'm on limited time. However I don't want to jeopardize the integrity of the parts' performance so I just might have to return em
    Hard to say about sanding them. If you clean up the holes and still won't work return them. Get another brand. Shit, I have a set of NIB mahle ball joints for the 89 but I can't find them.

    Comment


      Not what I wanted to hear but that's what I thought. I'll just send them back. What brand would you recommend besides oem those are hella expensive. Lemforder?

      Comment


        Originally posted by UgkNW* View Post
        No I bought febi control arms with joints already installed. My problem is the joint going in to hub won't go far enough into the hole to get the first threads on the nut to thread.


        I feel like I had this problem on the last febi I used. I seem to remember using a big hammer and a lot of choice vocabulary.

        Could be mixing that up with anything else though...
        Derek-

        Comment


          Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
          I keep my driver door unlocked in U district. So if anyone want's to steal my pile have at it.
          Ahahahaha I do the exact same thing.... Got my bike which was in a u-lock stolen from the UW in broad daylight last summer.

          Comment


            giving away more stuff today


            Please leave feedback below, thanks

            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

            Comment


              Originally posted by UgkNW* View Post
              Not what I wanted to hear but that's what I thought. I'll just send them back. What brand would you recommend besides oem those are hella expensive. Lemforder?


              Yes lemforder, I've had mine for about 3 years now I beat the hell out of the car they hold up very well.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

              Comment


                Originally posted by UgkNW* View Post
                Not what I wanted to hear but that's what I thought. I'll just send them back. What brand would you recommend besides oem those are hella expensive. Lemforder?
                Lemfeorder is good quality.

                Don't play around with filing/sanding them - they're obviously incorrect for the vehicle or machined incorrectly. Just return them for credit and use the credit towards the set of Lemfeorder's.

                Did you check/cross the part numbers of what you got with your vin# in realoem?
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

                Comment


                  I don't hesitate to run into a store with all my windows down. I don't leave anything in the car to be stolen - I know it's a bad idea but i've never had anything stolen from my car. I guess sooner or later it'll happen but until than I have faith in humanity and also think I have good luck. #kanyeshrug
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                    I don't hesitate to run into a store with all my windows down. I don't leave anything in the car to be stolen - I know it's a bad idea but i've never had anything stolen from my car. I guess sooner or later it'll happen but until than I have faith in humanity and also think I have good luck. #kanyeshrug


                    I don't either but people will take anything, they took my ashtray with less than 1$ in change, an air freshener, and iPhone headphones which pisses me off because my stupid phone doesn't have a headphone jack.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                    Comment


                      You don't have any enemies do you? ;)
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                        You don't have any enemies do you? ;)


                        No but I live next to a Salvation Army center. Lots of homeless around.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                        Comment


                          Febi stuff is coming from China now. I am bummed...

                          t
                          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                            Febi stuff is coming from China now. I am bummed...

                            t
                            Been Chinese for a few years, dude. Unfortunately, they are they only supplier for guibos anymore, other than APA/URO. Such bullshit.
                            Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                            503.967.3800
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                              Been Chinese for a few years, dude. Unfortunately, they are they only supplier for guibos anymore, other than APA/URO. Such bullshit.


                              The uro guibos aren't all that bad I've tried everything and I currently have one in both cars with zero issues.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                                The uro guibos aren't all that bad I've tried everything and I currently have one in both cars with zero issues.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                I would rather run a 30 year old OE part than that URO garbage.
                                Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                                503.967.3800
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X