No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^good call. I forgot tires have date codes!
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Okay so here is the date code for my tire.

528. So it was made the 52nd week of X8. It could be 98 for all I know. BUT the wheel has a date stamp of 88. The tire also has the "Made in W. Germany" Stamp. I doubt, but don't know for sure, that they still used the West German stamp 8 years after the reunification of Germany. The tire is a Michelin MXV and it also has "Radial X" stamped on it, whatever that means.

My car is also a 01/89 build car. Also the wheel shows no ware other then a couple dings on the back from the looks of handling. It has 0 road grim on it when I purchased the car. The tread also looks unused with crisp lines on the tread blocks. But who knows if it has even been run, or if it is original or not. If it is I think thats pretty cool and its just something neat to have. I may buy a second basket weave and put a spare on it incase I need one. If not, no big deal!
      Originally posted by Sonny
      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Sounds like they're the originals, the original MXV tires were made around that time.
        Google search for Michelin MXV came up with...
        A question for the tire guru's out there...(maybe Luke would know?) Does anybody know what years the ORIGINAL Michelin MXV tires were in production? I

Thats pretty cool.

Comment

^ Thanks. I am about to do some googling as well to see what I can come up with. I am also going to check the owners manual to see if it mentions anything about the tires on the car.

Here are a couple pictures.

Comment

Ill post I up my original spare tire up tomorrow
            Originally posted by bmwm42
            PNW vulture pm me for parts
            Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

^ Do it.

I am not finding much on the MXV. I didn't find anything in the manual stating what tires came equipped other then the sizes. I am feeling pretty confident though that this is original. I think that it is really cool to have something like that still be original with the car. What are the odds?

Comment

I have a mint spare too lolz

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

I had the original spare for my '81 E21. It looked like a zero mile tire. When I went to use it, it formed a huge bubble within days and had to be replaced. On closer inspection, 25% of the tread had separated. Scary.

Comment

Yeah tires dont last as long as you would think. They may look good but can be ticking time bombs. Now that I know when this tire was made I would never run it unless at was an absolute emergency. And even then it would be at a low speed and a short distance.

Comment

On modern produced tires, don't go more than 7 years.
                      '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                        Yeah tires dont last as long as you would think. They may look good but can be ticking time bombs. Now that I know when this tire was made I would never run it unless at was an absolute emergency. And even then it would be at a low speed and a short distance.

Chicken.
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                          Chicken.
                          Whatever keeps me out of the deep fryer ;)

Comment

Lukebox goin in today!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Car started... then two minutes later I come back and hop in and it dies right when I do... I really hope the ECU will figure out its job after I can actually drive the car

Comment

I'm sick of working on my car. Makes it that much easier to sell it.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X