No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I spent some time fucking with it earlier. I think the fuel pump took a shit. Changed the fuse and tried a new main relay and fuel pump relay from the parts car and it still doesn't start.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow!
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
      Glad to see at least you're getting something done tonight. My car won't start and I've just given up on it. Fuck it.
      God me too

I am putting in my old injectors first thing tomorrow morning. I must know if I have an intake leak or something else... i need the car for school Monday for sure. Grr

Comment

So I spent some time fucking with it earlier. I think the fuel pump took a shit. Changed the fuse and tried a new main relay and fuel pump relay from the parts car and it still doesn't start.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow!
        Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
        God me too

I am putting in my old injectors first thing tomorrow morning. I must know if I have an intake leak or something else... i need the car for school Monday for sure. Grr

Haha niggas im' drunk and aout to get some ghead ya'll homies stick to it, and pout it work "that's what swhe said. haha night homies.

God damn I couldve lost a hand holy fuxk that was close.
        Originally posted by James Crivellone
        1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
          Haha wiggas im' drunk and aout to get some ghead ya'll homies stick to it, and pout it work "that's what swhe said. haha night homies.

God damn I couldve lost a hand holy fuxk that was close.
          Fixed lol lmao
          Originally posted by bmwm42
          PNW vulture pm me for parts
          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Glad to see at least you're getting something done tonight. My car won't start and I've just given up on it. Fuck it.

I mean this with the utmost respect:

I want to bitchslap your car sometimes.
            You seem to have weird things happening to it.
            sigpic

Comment

Tell me about it. Time for a normal M20 powered car for a while.

Comment

Yea.
                If youll remember...I wanted that swap car too, but passed.
                I wonder if you just need a clean shell and transplant the driveline.
                Hows the new trans?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                  Fixed lol lmao
                  Woah huge my bad, just a exciting night. 4am and I need Orange Juice bad, but let me know when I can get those digits. Thanks for the great engine again. ;)
                  Originally posted by James Crivellone
                  1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
                    Yea.
                    If youll remember...I wanted that swap car too, but passed.
                    I wonder if you just need a clean shell and transplant the driveline.
                    Hows the new trans?
                    Oh I remember. I think I'm gonna just sell it as is and go to a normal "i" car for a while. If I do a swap, I'll do it my way and not how someone else did it. Trans is awesome.

Comment

I NEED HELP! Can anybody come down to Bremerton one night this week? Please guys

My car is now cranking but no cylinders are firing.

I have been cranking it so much, and thus have jump started my car 4 times or so in the past week. Maybe 5.

YES I AM AN IDIOT

So now I am guessing the DME is friend because I didn't unhook the negative terminal when charging the battery

And now my battery doesn't hold as good of a charge (I think)

I hate how nooby I am and how much damage I have caused!!! FML

If somebody were to come help, it would be awesome if they had a 173 DME that I could swap in.

Please guys! I am about to give up

Comment

5toes, my present to you.

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
                        Do you have spark from the output wire when cranking the engine? No spark could be:

No timing data from the CPS to the DME
                        No power to the DME (bad main relay, or fusible link) or a bad DME ground
                        No START signal to the DME
                        Bad coil or no power to the coil
                        Bad DME

If you have spark from the coil output but not at the plugs you could have a bad distributor, rotor, or broken timing belt.

If you have spark from the plugs the next check would eb to see what the rail fuel pressure is while cranking the engine. You could have a bad fuel pump relay, blown fuse, bad pump, clogged filter, or bad FPR.

If the rail fuel pressure is normal when cranking, use a noid light to see if the injectors are firing. A bad connection at C191 (underneath the intake) is not uncommon.
                        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

I have spark. The fuel pressure I have no clue about there is fuel and it is under pressure.

Need to see if injectors are firing...

What would a bad DME cause?

Comment

Stuck a new fuel pump relay and fuel pump in the car. Still no start. Guess it's time to try CPS.

Comment

I believe a bad dme would just cause the car not to start. Check your plugs to see that aren't fouled
                              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Nothing but shit problems with e30s lately wtf
                                Originally posted by bmwm42
                                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Working...
                                X