PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John T View Post
    AlienBees B400's? I have a set as well, I use them with a cybersync transmitter and have never had a complaint. Great pic, did you take it with the shop lights off?
    There were some other shots in the set that we're taken with the shop lights off. This shot I just went as hot as possible to over power the shop lights and cut back the background's exposure in post.

I wish I had wireless triggers, I would have been able to setup a rim light to further seperate the car from the background. But, I was able to get the shots I wanted regardless.

Thanks Steven for letting me bust out your bees and shoot your car. Fun times were had. Now I'm going to have to get a set since I'll never be able to be happy with my speedlites from now on. ;)

Comment

Derp Steven Derp.

Comment

Alien Bees are great lights! I have my eye on a couple of them.
        Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

what are the Portland fellas doing today?
          Transaction Feedback: -click here
          [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
          [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

Yeah, I'm pricing out some 800, ringlight, wireless triggers and some modifiers. Looks like I'll have to shell out about $1700 for what I want. Gotta pay to.....

Comment

reason I ask is few of my e30 friends from Sacramento are in town, they asked if the Portland e30 crew want to do a cruise (show off out beautiful back roads) all BMW's welcome
              [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]

Comment

When and where, Geno?
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  When and where, Geno?
                  nothing is set up yet, shoot some ideas Austin. I'm on my way to meet them right now, something around 4:00PM but where? idk

Comment

Originally posted by Brilliantrot 318is View Post
                    nothing is set up yet, shoot some ideas Austin. I'm on my way to meet them right now, something around 4:00PM but where? idk
                    I think I'll be BBQing by that time. Text me if you guys figure something out a little earlier.

Comment

will do

Comment

Ohhh, I could go for burning some petrol. How about cruising down 224? Maybe Timothy Lake turnoff and back?

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                          There were some other shots in the set that we're taken with the shop lights off. This shot I just went as hot as possible to over power the shop lights and cut back the background's exposure in post.

I wish I had wireless triggers, I would have been able to setup a rim light to further seperate the car from the background. But, I was able to get the shots I wanted regardless.

Thanks Steven for letting me bust out your bees and shoot your car. Fun times were had. Now I'm going to have to get a set since I'll never be able to be happy with my speedlites from now on. ;)
                          Nice, I've been reading a lot about lighting lately there is so much crazy crap you can do with a couple lights

Comment

Yeah, I'v been able to do some wicked stuff with just my speedlites fired via infared. I'd rather be using Bees via wireless and a powerpack though.

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                              Ohhh, I could go for burning some petrol. How about cruising down 224? Maybe Timothy Lake turnoff and back?
                              Sounds intriguing. Get a few people together! What time were you thinking?

Comment

I wasn't thinking. I forgot I have work that I need to attack. As much as I would love to go for a drive, I'm going to have ditch my own idea. :(

Comment

Working...
                                X