No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chips do wonders for our motors (bmw motors in general).

they really wake them up, and make the drive more enjoyable
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
      This job is so easy my 5 year old can do it. Juat need a wrench and 19 socket and move the reservoir outta the way to make it easier
      Yep. I know. It was more like an excuse to drink beer. The funny thing is there is no interest in money and beer...
      1997 328i - SOLD
      1991 325is - SOLD
      2002 325i - SOLD :(

Currently:
      1991 318is
      2011 328i xDrive
      2017 Highlander - Toy Hauler

sigpic

Comment

Hey, anybody interested in my Style 72's composite? Have three good tires and one brand spanking new...
        1997 328i - SOLD
        1991 325is - SOLD
        2002 325i - SOLD :(

Currently:
        1991 318is
        2011 328i xDrive
        2017 Highlander - Toy Hauler

sigpic

Comment

Still looking for a late g260 :(
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post

They probably do more for the SOHC motors. I didn't really see too much of a difference. A little more kick around VANOS (~3k) but that's about it. I did notice my idle smooth out more, which was nice.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
              They probably do more for the SOHC motors. I didn't really see too much of a difference. A little more kick around VANOS (~3k) but that's about it. I did notice my idle smooth out more, which was nice.
              i havent driven a 24v e30 yet, but from what i've heard (and depending on the chip), outcomes may vary.

IMO, 2.7 eta motors get the most benefit from being chipped!!
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Since i cant sleep, i guess ill post pics of my latest contribution towards the money pit...i picked this up from a buddy for $80 since i helped him do some major work on his car...

yoda wanted to give it a shot before anyone else...

he thinks he resembles George Clooney...i dont see it

only downfall....i need a recaro srd passenger seat now..
                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

i havent driven a 24v e30 yet, but from what i've heard (and depending on the chip), outcomes may vary.

IMO, 2.7 eta motors get the most benefit from being chipped!!
                  That's what I hear. My buddy's looking for one for his ETA here real soon.

Comment

Just installed my 91-octane MarkD chip + 19# injectors. Whoa, baby! Pulls harder from 4000rpm up to the new 6700rpm redline. Butt dyno says it's making at LEAST 225HP! ;)

Seriously, though, off-idle response is better, and while it wasn't like it was a dog, it's really come to life above 4000. Just need to get a new tranny in there at some point, so my 1-to-2 shift doesn't take 5 seconds...
                    S52-Powered 1987
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Hayes View Post
                      Just installed my 91-octane MarkD chip + 19# injectors. Whoa, baby! Pulls harder from 4000rpm up to the new 6700rpm redline. Butt dyno says it's making at LEAST 225HP! ;)

Seriously, though, off-idle response is better, and while it wasn't like it was a dog, it's really come to life above 4000. Just need to get a new tranny in there at some point, so my 1-to-2 shift doesn't take 5 seconds...
                      Do you think your new injectors really made a big difference? I was thinking of upgrading mine at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                        Do you think your new injectors really made a big difference? I was thinking of upgrading mine at some point.
                        It's really hard for me to say. I had a stock chip and 14# injectors to begin with and went straight to this setup. There's quite the difference, but I don't know how it compares to stock injectors + a chip.

Honestly, I think it's unlikely that I need the injectors at this point. I've read that the 14# injectors are good for about 180HP, which I'm sure I am nowhere near. In the future I might be heading that direction, since I'm thinking about a cam and a better intake, so at this point I'm setup for it. Math says that you should be able to get about 240HP out of 19# injectors, so I should be fine as long as I'm NA.
                        S52-Powered 1987
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Hayes View Post
                          It's really hard for me to say. I had a stock chip and 14# injectors to begin with and went straight to this setup. There's quite the difference, but I don't know how it compares to stock injectors + a chip.

Honestly, I think it's unlikely that I need the injectors at this point. I've read that the 14# injectors are good for about 180HP, which I'm sure I am nowhere near. In the future I might be heading that direction, since I'm thinking about a cam and a better intake, so at this point I'm setup for it. Math says that you should be able to get about 240HP out of 19# injectors, so I should be fine as long as I'm NA.
                          I didn't really notice that much of a difference between the MarkD chip and the stock one. My idle was smoother and there was a little more kick around VANOS, but that's it. Maybe I'm just crazy. Guess I'll find out if there's a difference at PIR tonight!

Comment

So awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                              So awesome.
                              agreed!
                              sigpic

Comment

haha thanks guys! now i need a passenger seat...
                                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Working...
                                X