clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
        God damn that felt good, sorry I did that.
        Your dad sounds a lot like my dad- a complete dickhead!

You have your shit together 5toes, just keep it that way and tough it out. You're almost there. Like kid said things will improve once you've moved on and established your own turf.

Comment

Good God. I'm done.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

5Toes, your dad sounds like a douche, but it's his house and you have to respect that, no matter how fucked up it seems.

Be thankful your dad doesn't just straight up kick your ass for acting like that. My dad sure would without thinking twice about it. I don't live with him anymore and we get along much much better now that I don't.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Funny how that works right? Its crazy what happens between family with a little space.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Yeah thanks for siding with me guys. I am lucky he doesn't kick my ass, but yes it is his house. That doesn't mean he has to take away my livelihood... I dont have a normal job. I just do details when I can.

And now that cant even happen because I dont pay the mortage... whatever.

Guess its time to start blaring my stereo and all that stuff to ignore him and show him it would be nice if I had some money to get out and go do SOMETHING.

I guess I do have my shit together... but I have lots I could improve. Hell... he expects me to have a 3.8GPA. Granted I have a 3.56 with all honors classes and an AP history class. He expects me to do only one thing in life, get good grades and then do the WSU engineering program at the local junior college.

Sorry aint happening... it is a nice junior college but it is retarded. Only thing nice about it is a guaranteed job at the shipyard... but there are much better places to work. Maybe not places with better benefits, but much nicer places.

I think I am going to 2.5 inch pipe my exhaust all the way back before I fucking do my stereo... need an excuse to stop picking him up from work and shit. He surely wont want to ride with me if my car is so loud :p

Comment

My dad and I no longer live together and we haven't gotten along this well in years. Of course, our relationship isn't great by any means, but definitely better then four years ago at this time. Them was sum shitty times.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                    I guess I do have my shit together... but I have lots I could improve. Hell... he expects me to have a 3.8GPA. Granted I have a 3.56 with all honors classes and an AP history class. He expects me to do only one thing in life, get good grades and then do the WSU engineering program at the local junior college.
                    Doesn't OC now have a 4year ME program?

Fights with the parents suck horribly. I remember many, many screaming matches between me and both my parents. And now that I'm a bit older and out on my own (bought my first house a few months ago. :D ) everything I fought about seems ultra trivial now. Well, no necessarily trivial but situations that could have been avoided.

Good luck duder, put your nose down and show him what you can make of yourself, IMO.
                    84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                    Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Pick your battle's son. You have a lot more harder stuff to deal with later in life..

My suggestion (and this is what I did when I was your age) get your detailing and car parts sh*t and move it into a storage unit. I did the same thing, and went half in with my friend at the time. This worked great after High School when I moved to Arizona, I was able to put the rest of my important junk in their as well.

For one, this will get your stuff into a safe and secure enviroment that you have control over.

And secondly, this may show your dad that you are a responsible person, and he may back off some.
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

My E30's been acting really weird lately. Once in a while, when I would shut the door, I'd lose all power and if I shut it real hard, the power would come back. This started about a month ago (maybe some of you remember me posting about it.) Would do it once or twice a week. Super annoying. So, I went through and tightened the holy mother fuck out of all the grounds I could see (half were fucking finger tight, I hate prior owners.) Didn't solve the issue, so I figured "damn E30, guess I'll have to deal with it."

So today, it was cutting out a little bit...hadn't done that at all before. I was about ten blocks from home when it stalled out while coming to a stop (car was out of gear and clutch was also out.) I figured "no big deal," and started it up. Went another block and it did it again...only this time, she didn't start up. Interior lights were on and then shortly shut off. So, here I am in the cold with a car that was totally fucking dead. I push it off to the side. It appears as if the car has no power at all, similar to when I have the issue when slamming the door. So, I slammed the door as hard as I could. Nothing. I figure maybe the ground terminal came off the battery, since it has before. I pop the trunk and move the battery cover. Ground was on. Fuck. Then...I look over. The main power cable broke free from the battery terminal. I moved it a little and it sparked and I saw the lights flash on and my door chime going off. I shut the trunk (gently) and got in the car and babied it hope, hoping for no bumps or cracks in the road to move that cable from position while moving. Got home and tightened that motherfucker down as tight as I could.

Maybe that will have solved some of my random electrical gremlins I've been having recently...

/rant
                        Last edited by e30austin; 11-10-2011, 11:19 PM.

Comment

^ failed to add the end rant.
                          Originally posted by bmwm42
                          PNW vulture pm me for parts
                          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                            ^ failed to add the end rant.
                            What say you now?!?!?!

Comment

Got to love old cars.
                              Glad you figured it out..hopefully.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                                Pick your battle's son. You have a lot more harder stuff to deal with later in life..

My suggestion (and this is what I did when I was your age) get your detailing and car parts sh*t and move it into a storage unit. I did the same thing, and went half in with my friend at the time. This worked great after High School when I moved to Arizona, I was able to put the rest of my important junk in their as well.

For one, this will get your stuff into a safe and secure enviroment that you have control over.

And secondly, this may show your dad that you are a responsible person, and he may back off some.
                                This is a good idea. I would be down, but I dont have that much stuff... my rear seat is going back in soon anyhow.

My detailing supplies I need, so it is just convenient to have it at the house.

And yes iansane they do have it now... but it is over ran and they dont have a lab.. and you miss out on a bunch of cool things because it isnt WSU... its WSU professors teaching via video.

Comment

Working...
                                X